PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

pistol44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Where to get screen protector replacements?

So as we all know applying the screen protector perfectly is almost as tough as keeping it in perfect condition. I was one of the fortunate who managed to apply it bubble and dust free. However little did I know that one sunny afternoon while my TP2 rustled around in my front jean pocket that somehow the corner edge near the talk button would snag on some fabric in my pocket causing the corner to start peeling.

I tried vigorously to keep it stuck down by rubbing it but as know that once the air and dust get undernearth it only gets worse from there.

I then attempted microscopic surgery on the damaged edge with an exacto knife and a credit card and removed the limp corner but only found it has now started to bubble near that area and is slowly spreading like cancer.

My question is obvious. Where do I get a replacement for this? I have the Telus TP2 and would like the exact one my phone came with. I don't understand why Telus doesn't sell extras.. And I don't want some 3rd party piece of garbage that won't stick or that I have to cut and shape myself.

Any suggestions anyone?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work
Re: Where to get screen protector replacements?

Good question, I want to pick up a spare for my TP2 and a replacement for my wifes TP.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

I'm surprised no one look here,

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Not sure if this one will work,

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 09-09-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DESIRE HD

vakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
I've installed Zagg's invisible shield on my Telus TP2 and it fits flawlessly. The only thing is that there's a hole for the front camera, which CDMA doesn't have.

The touch screen works as good as when it has no screen protector, but it feels a bit "rubber".

I love it

Last edited by vakbrain; 09-09-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
I checked it out, there are many variants out there.. However many of them are not identical and have different cut outs for the non-US/CANADA versions. I would prefer the exact one HTC ships in the box.. But once again getting one from Telus is near impossible.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

Tweak_four17 is becoming a great contributor

Same problem, I'm on my 3rd one, stupid pocket..Telus store was no help at all, I ended up buying a generic one and ony cutting it into a square and putting it over the screen only. So far it hasn't caught on anything but we will have to wait and see..pain in the arse. On the plus side, a screen sized square goes on much straighter and easier than the one that barely fits the phone..
Old 09-09-2009, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak_four17 View Post
Same problem, I'm on my 3rd one, stupid pocket..Telus store was no help at all, I ended up buying a generic one and ony cutting it into a square and putting it over the screen only. So far it hasn't caught on anything but we will have to wait and see..pain in the arse. On the plus side, a screen sized square goes on much straighter and easier than the one that barely fits the phone..
True, the shape of the TP2 compared the Diamond made a huge difference when putting it on. The only place you run into problems is lining up the ear speaker and the where the talk/end buttons are.

If anyone can figure out how to an extra one from Telus please share your secret! I managed to get one ONCE but only because the guy was nicer than average and he went as far as grabbing another brand new phone, opened the box and stole the protector out of the box. I got a new protector but some poor guy that bought that phone is missing one lol.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Check out boxwaves screen protectors. I'm not sure if they have one out yet for the sprint tp2 but should real soon. They are really good quality and last a long time. They have crystal clear versions and anti-glare versions. I've had the crystal clear version on my diamond for over year and it is just starting to get worn. I'll check and post a link if they have them out for the sprint tp2 yet.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I just checked boxwave's site and they don't have the US TP2 one's yet just the Euro one with the hole for the camera. They should have it soon though. I'll keep checking for everyone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
I just checked boxwave's site and they don't have the US TP2 one's yet just the Euro one with the hole for the camera. They should have it soon though. I'll keep checking for everyone.
Cool, do you think I'd have issues getting one being that I live in Toronto and have the Telus version? I don't know off hand if the protector has any slight or minor differences between your Sprint version and my Telus version..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2