PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

dallasjim is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Estimated Battery Life: GSM vs CDMA

I was shocked by the vast difference in estimated talk time per HTC specs. They rate the CDMA phone at 240 minutes (same as TP 1) and the GSM at 500 minutes. Plus estimated data speeds are higher. I realize that GSM is lower strength and lasts longer but this large of a difference is a deal killer.

I have read that Sprint Users have noted better talk time on TP2 over TP1. Can anyone guide me on this? I was ready to go CDMA but am going to hold off until I better understand this (plus there some really cool ROMs at XDA).
Thank you!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Estimated Battery Life: GSM vs CDMA

I can assure you that the battery difference between the tp2 and tp1 is day and night. I am absolutely stunned as to how amazing the battery life is on the tp2. I don't care what kind of battery tweaks or hacks you have done to your tp1, its not even close to the tp2.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Estimated Battery Life: GSM vs CDMA

i came from a sprint tp1 to a tmobile tp2...... id get up at about 10 am and use the tp1 nonstop and by 130pm it would completely die, now itll last from 10 am till 630 7 pm of nonstop use, so, its easy to say the GSM touch pro 2 smashes the cdma touch pro1 in battery life.........

wish i could tell ya the difference between a cdma tp1 and the cdma tp2, but so far my expieriece is gsm last longer, but its also a different phone that tested my theory so it could be wrong...

but gsm tp2 last 8 to 10 hours of nonstop use, i mean it being on the whole time playing music, watching youtube, texting, calling and tons and tons of internet and etc....

now if i were to use it periodically itll easily last a day and a half maybe 2 days....
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2