PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Re: TP2 worthy as dedicated mp3 player?

I am a DJ and I use my TP2 as an mp3 player all the time when switching from location or different sets. My question is, is there a good mp3 downloader for a WinMo device that has all the latest music out there?

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
-1 for kinoma
I prefer nitrogen
Yea, forget Kinoma.

I paid $30 for that cr@ppy software last year & I don't even bother installing it anymore.

If it was any good for playing my h.264 videos, it would be my favorite software but it can't even handle that.

I do use the TP2 as a dedicated mp3 player everyday at work using my Motorola S-9 HD stereo BT headset.

~John
Old 10-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9c

huntm856 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleAgent View Post
Nitrogen is great. You should try that before you pay for anything.
How's the integration with Windows Media Player?

Is it easy to manage/play your playlist files?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:45 AM
adam12

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I get good battery life. I use Raphsady to go.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I love my S9HD's on my TP2.
I use standard windows media player cuz I hate the Sprint music tab and am glad HTC gave me the ability to remove it on this phone, I have all my music on a 16gb card and just use random play.
Back to what I was saying though. I love going to the gym watching all those people with their stupid little white headphone cords working out and slaming their iPhone/iTouch on the floor. The bluetooth stereo sound is great and no dangling cords. I can hardly tell I'm wearing the headphones and as it relates to changing songs and going through menus and all that mess.... Just touch the button on the side of the S9s if you get to a song you don't want to listen to. I also love that I have a headphone jack on the phone so I can listen at work all day and leave one ear "open" while wearing wired headphones.
It's the best of both worlds. The only thing I would change, would be to add DEDICATED mp3 player hard buttons to the outside of the phone. I think Sony does this. That way, if you are wearing wired headphones you wouldn't have to turn on the phone unlock it, and hit next. Or if you are texting or something else like cruising the web, go to task manager, select music player before hitting next.
p.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

HybridAndy is a n00b

I haven't used mine for music, but I've downloaded a few podcasts via Opera and listened them both with headphone and via the onboard speaker.

Both worked well, although I had to put the device upside down in the small extra pocket on my jeans to get the headphone cord to reach my ears comforablely while I mowed the grass. The speaker works great if it's sitting on a desk infront of me and works well if cranked ot the max in the car (depending on the recording, can be hard to hear). I just use the Music player buit into the TouchFlo slider.

I've listed to 2 hours solid with speaker set to max and still made it to the end of the day without recharging. I don't do a lot of active/talk time on the device either though, but I didn't really notice any major power drain from using it this way.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

emerald is keeping up the good workemerald is keeping up the good work

I just use the player that's integrated into the TF3D design on the phone to play my MP3 collection, it works well enough for me to play the playlists that I want or whatever song I want to hear.

I used the phone as an MP3 player, with frequent texting and a bit of web browsing for 7.5 hours straight without issue. Just wish the battery would last a bit longer! It's definitely not compared to the purported 14 hrs battery life on the iPod and not sure about the battery life on an iPhone.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Does anybody Touch Pro1 zoom in by itself when your on the internet, typing emails, word documents, lookin thru txt mgs or listening to music? Does the music forward and rewind? I only askin cuz I plan on gettin the TP2 and yes I will use it as a mp3 player until I get my zune.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use the default TouchFlo music player. It is great and really finger frindly. The music is good since I can turn off the screen while listening to music.

To search for a song, all you need to do is press the library tab and all your songs are there. However, I only have 300 songs and it takes forever to scroll to the bottom. I am still trying to find a way to skip to a certan letter like in the contacts tab.

Battery life is good since I was on FIM (facebook), Opera, and playing music yesterday for like 3 hours straight and I still had plenty left for the rest of the day.

Also, when I turn the screen off while playing through the speaker, it pauses the song so the screen has to stay on.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Fittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuffFittske knows their stuff

Wow 19 posts and no one has mentioned AC's S2P (Slide 2 Play) it resembles the Ipod touch software...and it is freeware. Check it out. www.ac-s2.com.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2