PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 - Dead Pixels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Well I hope people do post. Trust me, I've been drooling over this phone for months now & plan on ordering the second Verizon will let me. But I have to be honest, this particular issue along with the keyboard getting scratched issue have me really concerned. At the same time, I will admit, I am a lot more OCD than most people are and what bothers me may not bother others.
don't let it. some folks will say "oh. this is the perfect phone." others have it in their signature saying "buy this phone". i won't buy another htc phone. sprint is next. good luck if you buy this phone. i've been beat to death about hating htc and the tp2. but, just wait. the same people showing up saying "get this phone" will be the same ones complaining about it.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
don't let it. some folks will say "oh. this is the perfect phone." others have it in their signature saying "buy this phone". i won't buy another htc phone. sprint is next. good luck if you buy this phone. i've been beat to death about hating htc and the tp2. but, just wait. the same people showing up saying "get this phone" will be the same ones complaining about it.
A problem is a problem. There are always problems with phones.

It is a great phone whether you chose to think so or not. Everything comes with its flaws.

As long as you sprint guys don't have keyboards dying left right and center... I think it'll be great.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Official Touch Pro 2 defects thread

Ok.. as much as I dont like the fact that HTC still refused to get the drivers.. I might get this phone if I get it really cheap. But I have seen many threads pop up describing problems with it. So for the sakes of collecting data... lets put the official comfirmed flaws in here so people can see. We all remember the dreaded white spot and its sibling on the Mogul right?

If you can suggest more comfirmed issues please post and I will update the list. And this is in no way to start a flame war but rather to inform future buyers.

1= (Sprint) Dead Pixels on LCD

2= (Sprint) Odd color Halo in the screen right above the USB port

3= (Sprint) Keyboard slides and tears the plastic stickers that protects it from scratching the device

4= (Sprint) Screen Tilt Woobles

5 = (Telus Users) Battery Door Bulges Out At Sides

6 = (Telus Users) Spacebar makes clicking noise (result of bulges on battery door)

7 = (Telus & Sprint) Earphone speaker buzzing

8= (Telus, Sprint, Tmobile & Verizon) Missing 3d/2d Proper Drivers

Last edited by Exil3d; 09-09-2009 at 11:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Telus

jonoball88 is keeping up the good workjonoball88 is keeping up the good work
Re: Official Touch Pro 2 defects thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Ok.. as much as I dont like the fact that HTC still refused to get the drivers.. I might get this phone if I get it really cheap. But I have seen many threads pop up describing problems with it. So for the sakes of collecting data... lets put the official comfirmed flaws in here so people can see. We all remember the dreaded white spot and its sibling on the Mogul right?

If you can suggest more comfirmed issues please post and I will update the list. And this is in no way to start a flame war but rather to inform future buyers.

1=Dead Pixels on LCD

2=Odd color Halo in the screen right above the USB port

3=Keyboard slides and tears the plastic stickers that protects it from scratching the device

werent you just told to stop the bashing of htc?? so then you go out and start a defects thread...

if you dont like htc go out and buy a iphone and think your cool like everyone else
Old 09-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Retired Staff

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

4 = Tilt Screen Wobbles
Old 09-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Retired Staff

5 = (Telus Users) Battery Door Bulges Out At Sides

6 = (Telus Users) Spacebar makes clicking noise (result of bulges on battery door)
Old 09-09-2009, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tmac15 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoball88 View Post
werent you just told to stop the bashing of htc?? so then you go out and start a defects thread...

if you dont like htc go out and buy a iphone and think your cool like everyone else
If the phone has common defects, then future buyers should be aware....even if the OP enjoys bashing HTC
Old 09-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
3=Keyboard slides and tears the plastic stickers that protects it from scratching the device
Just to clarify, I think the "plastic stickers" you're referring to is more like packing material. I don't think they are meant to stay on & provide protection.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fghtech is a n00b

Quote:
Will you guys that have the TP2 do the following and post your results?

1.) Open camera
2.) Cover the lens so the screen is black
3.) Examine your screen for dead pixels
4.) Reply to this thread the number (if any) you find

Thanks
I forgot about them until I saw this thread. Since I deal with some sor of LCD in my course of business daily I noticed them immediately when using the camera last week. I found 4 BTW.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Just to clarify, I think the "plastic stickers" you're referring to is more like packing material. I don't think they are meant to stay on & provide protection.

Wait... I think those are supposed to stay there to prevent those ugly scratches. Kinda like the Mogul. Remember those shiny plastic on each side of the moguls keyboard? Alot of ppl left those on and when they sold the phone later.. they removed them and the phone was scratch free.

Last edited by Exil3d; 09-09-2009 at 12:56 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2