PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 03:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

junkzm3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro 2 - Dead Pixels!

Just got my touch pro 2 and I'm sad to say that there are 3 dead pixels in the top right corner (where the X button would be)

In addition I notice the backlight seems a bit uneven as there is a bit of a halo effect in the general area of where the usb plugs into the phone. (Like the bleed on a lcd monitor that doesn't show true black well)

Anyone know Sprints policy on dead pixels? Thanks.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 - Dead Pixels!

manufactured defect they'll replace the phone but none of the local store have them... (the receive the phones 2 weeks after telesales) so you would have to call back and do the exchange the long way!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkzm3 View Post
Just got my touch pro 2 and I'm sad to say that there are 3 dead pixels in the top right corner (where the X button would be)

In addition I notice the backlight seems a bit uneven as there is a bit of a halo effect in the general area of where the usb plugs into the phone. (Like the bleed on a lcd monitor that doesn't show true black well)

Anyone know Sprints policy on dead pixels? Thanks.
Wow, I never really thought of that before, I rarely seen dead pixels on a cell phone but then again on resolutions of 320x240 and under isn't that many pixels compared to 800x480. The bigger the screen gets the better chances of failure. I wonder how this will grow in the next month, people are still complaining about the white spot on the mogul!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When the TP1 came out I went through 5 of them because of either dust under the screen and/or dead pixels. There's also a depressing poll taken over at XDA about this issue, so this is no surprise to me: http://forum.xda-developers.com/poll...ts&pollid=1599
Old 09-08-2009, 04:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

junkzm3 is just getting started

I've been on the phone for an hour now trying to replace this phone. I've talk to 10 representatives who keep passing me around and giving me the same numbers to call. Before transferring me, several people even try to sell me stuff. I'm getting rather frustrated....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

dude enjoy the phone and use the heck out of it and really get a feel for it. when they become available you will have a brand new one waiting for you. enjoy the free 30 days and by the end you have a new phone. it's too early to try to get it replaced. the stores don't even have them
Old 09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

try sprint self service website... they dont have to have them in stores for you to get a free replacment.... phones from here come directly from Sprint...

asurion will prob be able to exchange u as well....
Old 09-08-2009, 07:09 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i got 2 that you can see only when the screen is completely black and you get really close to the screen.... normal use ya cant see it at all and even on the dark screen they go away at different angles, there white, anyways, its really no problem for me as long as they dont get worste, there becomes more or i see em during normal operations.....

of course i tmobile also, sorry im not a sprint user anymore lol
Old 09-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Will you guys that have the TP2 do the following and post your results?

1.) Open camera
2.) Cover the lens so the screen is black
3.) Examine your screen for dead pixels
4.) Reply to this thread the number (if any) you find

Thanks
Old 09-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

WOW! So i thoink this will be the acheles heal for the PRO2 just like the dreaded white spots on the mogul was. Anyone who bought the mogul knows about the white spot and its sibling. Because all the moguls got them. Sad indeed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2