PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Priest is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Touch Pro 2 defects thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Just to clarify, I think the "plastic stickers" you're referring to is more like packing material. I don't think they are meant to stay on & provide protection.
They were there on the Touch Pro also. I don't think anyone ever figured out if they were supposed to stay there or not.

Hmmm...
Old 09-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

No... These are clearly supposed to be removed.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

My stupid tp2 happens to be defective of all the tp2s out there My sprint tp2 keeps losing track of my sd card. I pop it out then back in, it reads it for about 2 minutes, then all of a sudden it reads no card installed. telesales will be shipping a new one tomorrow unless i happen to be missing something simple but i doubt it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
My stupid tp2 happens to be defective of all the tp2s out there My sprint tp2 keeps losing track of my sd card. I pop it out then back in, it reads it for about 2 minutes, then all of a sudden it reads no card installed. telesales will be shipping a new one tomorrow unless i happen to be missing something simple but i doubt it.
Have you tried formatting the sd card just to test?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
its 16gigs with hella music so i haven't tried it yet but when i formatted my 4gb and put it in there, it made the noise of a card being inputted but it didn't even read it at all, i'm assuming my micro sd slot is broken or something.

edit: i'm going to format it anyways
Old 09-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I wonder if Pro 2 users will have the ol SD card corruption surprise. You know.. the one where you loose your precious pictures all of the sudden. As far as I know about those plastic tabs is there is no clear answer is they are suppose to stay or not. I see them as protectors from sliding friction. plus once you removed them from the keyboard you dp notice a ruffer slide action. Thats just my experience thou.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 - Dead Pixels!

I checked with my camera, didn't find any on mine.

As a side note, I hate when I do notice dead pixels on things, such as my DS. No matter how out of the way it is, I know it's there and I always look at it :P

Edit:Apparently this is my 666 post, so it may be evil
Old 09-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Teacup is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 - Dead Pixels!

Quote:
As long as you sprint guys don't have keyboards dying left right and center... I think it'll be great.
Funny you should mention about the keyboard. Sadly, the B/; key on my brand new Sprint TP2 is barely functional. I was never able to find a Mogul with a working keyboard and this phone was my best hope. *sigh* I'm not sure whether to call telesales or wait for retail stores to get them in stock because when I tried to exchange my Mogul the last time they sent me a bill for over $1000 (auto-deducted from my checking account) in hardware charges - and even though it was a clerical error on their part, it took them 6 months to issue me a refund check. It totally ruined the holiday season that year because they stole all my gifting money - so now I'm scared that it could happen again...
Old 09-09-2009, 01:03 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoball88 View Post
werent you just told to stop the bashing of htc?? so then you go out and start a defects thread...

if you dont like htc go out and buy a iphone and think your cool like everyone else
now u look bad, since Mike posted right under you, like 3times lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac15 View Post
If the phone has common defects, then future buyers should be aware....even if the OP enjoys bashing HTC
agreed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Just to clarify, I think the "plastic stickers" you're referring to is more like packing material. I don't think they are meant to stay on & provide protection.
well thats a given... its like the wrap that comes on some brand new cars, its just for protection... i left mine on, even the jankie SPRINT sticker on the back of the slid out KB..

heres my prob with the thread... my TP2 has none of these probs... no wobbling screen when titlted up.. slider doesnt "drag"... no dead pixels(and why does he think their dead? i need to go reread that)... no buldge on battery door(though MM said Telus on that) i even have a lanard coming out of my battery door.. and theres no "Halo" i can take screen shots of all 4 of my devices, 3TP1s and a TP2 and ALL of em are discolored at the very bottom of the bottom bar-some are actually skinned that way to go from darker to lighter...

anyone runnin SIlence on their TP1s still?? check out Silences carbon theme... its just the coloring is all... its not a defect... youll see that and be like, oh yeah, i guess that is usaully there...
Old 09-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
I think you're right mike, i formatted the 4gb with the wrong format, that is why my phone couldn't read it, but since formatting it correctly it will not lose that card, it seems like a format of the 16gb is about to take place, once again mighty mike saves the day.

edit: thanks mike, since the format, the 16gb is back on point, now to load all 10gbs of music back on

Last edited by p-slim; 09-09-2009 at 01:20 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2