PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

TripleAgent is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck on defective TP1, Sprint BSing me on upgrade!

Called "Account Services" yesterday to try to get a credit for me and the fiance (on our 5th and 4th TP1, respectively) to offset the costs of buying TP2s, and to ask if I could get my upgrade credit a month early so I wouldn't have to wait with this broken phone. Got nowhere. The "manager", Antionette, had the heart to tell me to take a Treo or whatever I was offered! I was upset, but kept my cool and was polite. I was seething at the suggestion. She informed me that they've "given so much", corporate won't allow them to give any credits. I told her I would have to think whether I was staying or not. Brick wall. I'm a "Premier" customer of 7 years, 3 lines, non-SERO, (200/mo bill). I hung up and almost blew a gasket. They are nonchalant about an obvious badly manufactured device THEY approved and put out. With TP2 being telesales only, all us TP1 users who have gone through refurb/replacement hell are out in the cold. My new refurb of 2 weeks is already showing signs of a slow death...I know people in the stores that could help me out, looks like Sprint is going for the pure money grab this time around. Moreso, I am really appalled at the attitude they have that it's cool to have such a POS phone and to stick customers...I would leave if there were a better deal in town, but my job ended their corporate Verizon contract and just gives a stipend to employees. I'd pay money to trap Hesse in a room one on one and hear him try to corporate-speak his way out of this and other questions I'd have.

Any suggestions or words of wisdom from anyone with more experience dealing with these people?
Old 09-03-2009, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

sircas is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Stuck on defective TP1, Sprint BSing me on upgrade!

Maybe you are the problem! Most people have not had their phone replaced so many times. If any thing, sprint may want to charge you more for the TP2 because of the trouble. Sprint just thinks you want the new model. If you want the TP2 anny-up the funds like everyone else!!!!!!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Screw it, sprint should just give out the TP2 for free to everyone! You should feel lucky that Sprint even let you replace your TP 5 times through them, alot of other providers wouldnt do that
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Did u call regular customer service or retentions?
Old 09-03-2009, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/ad...&FROM_SPRINT=Y

get yourself a new brand new one and sell it off for like $250 on craigslist.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

First off, you're lucky that they replaced the phone 5 times already as mentioned. Some carriers would certainly tell you to take it up with HTC after the 1st month. I'm starting to lean toward you and your g/f being the problem, not the phone. I went through 3 6700 and 6800, but I'm on my first TP.

Also, they are not obligated to GIVE you any kind of credit. And if they do offer to move you into another device, it'll have to be in the same TIER (ie Treo, Blackberry, as rep. mentioned). And if they have devices in the same tier available, they definitely won't give you cash on your account.

I've had my phone upgraded/replaced twice now. First from the 6700 to the 6800, then about 8 months ago from the 6800 to the TP. All times for free, but I did learn something.

Never tell the rep what phone you want to be swapped for, work around it so that they offer it to you. Keep saying features that you know what they're offering doesn't have. So they would offer me a Diamond and I would say I really need a slide out keyboard like my current phone, etc.

Never try to get this upgrade within 1-2 months of a phone's release. The reps know you want the latest greatest and will avoid giving it to you. It's also not the best business practice since they don't even have any refurbs to send, just new retail boxes.

Lastly, if you truly feel that you are STUCK, get the refurbished replacement and sell it on ebay or craigslist as suggested. I don't know what number you had in mind for a credit, but I think you would get more this way anyway.

Last edited by isdnmatt; 09-03-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I dunno
I've had almost 9 vzw touch pros...13 moguls, 4 xv6700s, 5 samsung i730s
that isn't to say I expect to get a touch pro 2 when vzw releases them but rather to have it offered to me.

Its not uncommon that users get lemons (heck they're factory refurbs! anything can and has happened) heck if we do a little bit of counting after my refurbs, you'd see that spans almost 30 devices...

Do I find it interesting that the person is trying to get a new one? Heck yes I'd be doing the same thing why? I WENT THROUGH 9! And after a certain number you are entitled to a new device especially within the first month (at least on vzw)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I never quite understood how you can have soooooooooo many replacements either. Me and my wife both have a touch pro (well, now just her since my Tp2 is on the way), and we've never had any issues that needed them to be replaced.

I bought mine in fall of 2008 and her's in December.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

surprisingly when I had a sprint touch pro I went 6 months without error...then the vzw kicked it off the system...
I cried got a touch pro weeks later and then it began
sluggish OS (even after rom update), keyboard errors (2), build quality (4 had gaps in the bottom of the screen and debris of course got into them)
and the last 2 were when I was first starting out (ala the vzw bump)

that's 9 and my refurb just came and I am stuck at a grimace
Old 09-03-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

TripleAgent is just getting started

@antjones21 - CS, the retentions

@Noir - Basically, I think it's a given at this stage the TP1 is badly built.

@ Everyone with smart-*** replies or implying that we messed up our phones - I am almost anal about caring for my electronics. I don't drop them, NEVER get them wet, and almost baby them. All of these phones save one were in the exact same physical condition I got them in. It was keyboards and overheating on all of them. One also wouldn't go back to portrait when you closed the phone. I didn't ask for anything free, and was not rude. I asked politely that Sprint soften the blow a bit since the TP1 is clearly unreliable on a manufacturing level. If you got one that has lasted you, good for you. IDK how you did it, but I am not lucky. I work IT, she is an admin. assistant, we text a ton, we type all the time. Why should we be penalized that they designed a keyboard that can't be used extensively? I need all the connectivity and features, and have large hands, so a Treo is a non-option. The fiance just likes it and we paid last year and have had nothing but problems no matter how hard we babied the damn things.

Oh, sircas, I did, I just ordered one. I got a 100 dollar credit. Not at all what I feel I deserved, but whatever. I intentionally didn't resign, I'll go OOC then either A. Sprint will accomodate me, B. I will leave then re-join under SERO and get my money back that way, or C. I will go somewhere else if I can get a better deal.

I'm not a con artist, I am just pissed that Sprint is taking no responsibility in a faulty product. I've had every top of the line Windows phone since the Hitachi G1000, and that monster was more reliable and sturdy.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2