PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:06 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: How to get bubbles out when putting on screen protector?

Yeah, I know the Vogue is old! lolI was just makin a joke! Geez!But I tell you what though! It does everything that I need and more! It has served me and many others well all while I keep hearing people on this site and others exchanging their TPs over and over again! It's very dependable. Like me. lol
Old 09-09-2009, 01:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond/mogul
Carrier: sprint

just_maurice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i cant get it on smooth either. rip it off. going to tmobile store up the block from me to see if they have any for sale
Old 09-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

People, the trick is to use rubbing alcohol.

NOTE: make sure your phone is powered off and the battery removed.

Frst make sure your screen is clean of all particles and fingerprints. you can make sure by applying rubbing alcohol to a napkin and cleaning it. Also, wash your hands and use hand sanitizer if available.

Next take the screen protector, pour some rubbing alcohol on it, or dab your finger into some rubbing alcohol to make the screen protector nice and moist.

Third apply rubbing alcohol with your fingers around the edges of your screen (on the phone) as well as a drop in the middle.

Finally, apply screen protector. Everything will be moist enough so that you can move the protector around until it aligns perfectly.

After all that, let your phone sit for around ten minutes so that everything has a chance to dry off. You will notice a slight haze as well as a few bubbles, but these can easily be pushed to the edge of the phone since they have faint traces of rubbing alcohol in them. A few hours to a day later, the haze will disappear and your phone will look awesome. I have used this method ever since the mogul and it has worked flawlessly every single time. Not a single bublbe on my phone.

NOTE 2: We're not drenching your phone in alcohol, we're applying enough so that the screen protector can move around enough to get it aligned perfectly.

The nice thing about the supplied screen protector is that it can be reapplied over and over again. The adhesive used is very awesome and does not get worn down by the method described above.

Last edited by freeza; 09-09-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MLSFAN20 is a n00b

For those that messed up their 1 and only screen protector tha came with the phone, this link might be of help to you.

http://www.screenguardz.com/content/...1-19--2253.htm
Old 09-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

I just wash my screen protector with dish detergent then lean it on something so it can drip dry and then re-apply till I get it right.
Been working for years... started with the Touch.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled
Carrier: Verizon

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFAN20 View Post
For those that messed up their 1 and only screen protector tha came with the phone, this link might be of help to you.

http://www.screenguardz.com/content/...1-19--2253.htm
FYI-the 15 pack of screengards are absolute crap. like the protective material you throw away. the stylus wont even slide across it. I cant comment on the HD ones.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MLSFAN20 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by froader View Post
FYI-the 15 pack of screengards are absolute crap. like the protective material you throw away. the stylus wont even slide across it. I cant comment on the HD ones.
Oh, I know about those. I wouldn't even buy those for this phone. I'd like to think the HD ones are like the same ones we got with Sprint's version. Or you can do what I did and suggest that the invisible shield company start making them for Sprint's version. I see that T-Mo's version as well as the europeon version already have theirs. No reason to think they won't make one for Sprint if enough people continue to ask about it.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 optimized

rcrawfo2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFAN20 View Post
Oh, I know about those. I wouldn't even buy those for this phone. I'd like to think the HD ones are like the same ones we got with Sprint's version. Or you can do what I did and suggest that the invisible shield company start making them for Sprint's version. I see that T-Mo's version as well as the europeon version already have theirs. No reason to think they won't make one for Sprint if enough people continue to ask about it.

used them before.....They are not that bad. Used them for Diamond and Pre. The HD ones are the best. But yes they will come off easy if not aligned right. Also i dont know if there is any diffrence in GSM/tmobile/sprint/verizon versions....That's always tricky with protectors, batteries, cases, etc...
Old 09-09-2009, 08:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Wow, thats a pretty poor job. I have never had any problems with screen protectors. I usually start from the top and work my way down. My tp2 screen protector went on in about 20 seconds on the first try, not one single air bubble and I didn't even use a credit card to smooth it out.

lol... yeah, the insults aren't needed bud.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallen3 View Post
lol... yeah, the insults aren't needed bud.
LOL, sorry I wasn't trying to be mean but look at the phone, it looks like he used bubble wrap for a screen protector.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2