PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get bubbles out when putting on screen protector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Wow, thats a pretty poor job. I have never had any problems with screen protectors. I usually start from the top and work my way down. My tp2 screen protector went on in about 20 seconds on the first try, not one single air bubble and I didn't even use a credit card to smooth it out.
Likewise.

I first apply the top part nicely to make sure it's fully aligned with the earpiece, then slowly bring down the screen protector on the screen and slide on top of the protector with my ringer as i go down all the way to the bottom of the screen...

/that sounded dirty lol.

But yeah, that's how i always do it and no air bubbles!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Likewise.

I first apply the top part nicely to make sure it's fully aligned with the earpiece, then slowly bring down the screen protector on the screen and slide on top of the protector with my ringer as i go down all the way to the bottom of the screen...

/that sounded dirty lol.

LOL, it sure did. But yeah I just used my finger too.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

xpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuff
Wink Re: How to get bubbles out when putting on screen protector?

Quote:

/that sounded dirty lol.

hahaha, MM, i like the way you describes your "procedure", lol, it made me so , hahaha
Old 09-09-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

mickeyleah is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
Ok, so I got my TP2 today, and before I started playing with it, I went to put the stock screen protector on. I took a rag, wet it, wrung it out, and thoroughly cleaned the front face of the TP2 after removing the shipping sticker that talks about TF3D.

I peeled the screen protector from its backing, lined it up on the phone, and put it on from bottom to top. As I applied it, I ran a finger upwards trying to press out the air bubbles, but I had no success.

It looks like a hack job from hell. Any ideas?

I've attached a (bad) pic of the carnage taken with my Q9c.
OMG I've never seen anything so horrible, looks like u took a straw and blew air bubbles in it lol. I usually start from one side and slowly ease to the other side with a card wrapped in a wash cloth. Or i do the drop and smooth method. I drop the screen protector in place and then work from the middle out.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I tried 6 more times after having read the replies here; none were as successful as I'd like. I ended up ripping the screen protector in half in a fit of frustration, and I could now care less. I'll put the TP2 in a drawer while I wait for cases to be released.
Ok.. since you all are having terrible luck with the film protector. This is what you do and it has worked 100% for me.

First of all... if you can hold off and do it in the morning it would be very beneficial to you. In the morning there is less dust in the air. But if you are just dying to get it on like must are then do this....

Before you remove the sticky film from the PRo2 that's shipped in.. go to your bathroom and turn theh ot water shower on. Let it run for 3 minutes so it steams good and the steam captures all the fine dust particles in the air. Once its steamy go in there ready with the Pro in hand with the film still on it and the Screen protector not peeled off yet. Once you are in there move slowly so you don't agitate dust. Ok.... once you are ready.. place the phone on your sink where its level and rub your hands together to a few times to get any dead skin cells off. Then quickly peel the protective film of the PRO2 and lay it and quickly remove the Screen protector from the backing and apply carefully. I use a exact-o knife to align it if it needs to be pushed slightly. Very care full with the knife. If you do this method you will get a 99.99999999% bubble and lint and dust free application.

Last edited by Exil3d; 09-09-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Ok.. since you all are having terrible luck with the film protector. This is what you do and it has worked 100% for me.

First of all... if you can hold off and do it in the morning it would be very beneficial to you. In the morning there is less dust in the air. But if you are just dying to get it on like must are then do this....

Before you remove the sticky film from the PRo2 thats shipped in.. go to your bathroom and turn theh ot water shower on. Let it run for 3 minutes so it steams good and the steam captures all the fine dust particles in the air. Once its steamy go in there ready with the Pro in hand with the film still on it and the Screen protector not peeled off yet. Once you are in there move slowly so you dont aggitate dust. Ok.... once you are ready.. place the phone on your since where its level and rub your hands together to a few times to get any dead skin cells off. Then quickly peel the protective film of the PRO2 and lay it and quickly remove the Screen protector from the backing and apply carefully. I use a exacto knife to align it if it needs to be pushed slightily. Very caqre full with the knife. If you do this method you will get a 99.99999999% buble and lint and dust free application.
Thanks, but after this hell, I ripped the screen protector in half and threw it away. The phone can wait for cases to be released.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

The problem is not the screen protector it's the phone. You need to get a better phone to go with your screen protector.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thanks, but after this hell, I ripped the screen protector in half and threw it away. The phone can wait for cases to be released.
AHHAHA! I actually laughed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
The problem is not the screen protector it's the phone. You need to get a better phone to go with your screen protector.
ZOMFG! You gonna get me banned!
Old 09-09-2009, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

tmac15 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Likewise.

/that sounded dirty lol.

Whats a ringer....and where do i get one?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
[Looks at horndoctor's profile info]

Like an old Sprint Touch with no built-in WiFi, a 2.8" screen, no hardware keyboard, and only 128 MB of RAM and 256 MB of storage memory?

Ironically, if the Touch had WiFi without having to sacrifice the microSD card slot, I'd already have bought one and attached it to my power wheelchair. It could handle GPS nav, WiFi web browsing via SkyFire, games, music/movies, and scheduling - All without needing to be active on Sprint's network. I wouldn't really cry if it got damaged or stolen, since it's so cheap due to its age. This would leave my TP2 free to handle the more demanding stuff.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2