PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No TP2 Inventory in local stores

some people wanted to see it before they bought it.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
if it wasn't for this site and a couple others with the leaked info, no one would have even heard of this phone let alone buy one. how does sprint or any company for that matter expect to sell something if they don't advertise it first? do they think you'll just wander in one day and there it is in a glass case? imagine chevy saying saying "you can order this car online or by calling our 1-800 number" without having a floor model. remember the pre? you could only buy it in the stores that sprint closed early to set up pre displays and what-not and every store ran out. like i said, another sprint fumble.
How can you compare a car to a phone lol. Sprint knows that there are people like us, here at PPC geeks that actually read press releases and stay up to date about releases. This isn't the first time they released the phone via internet and telesales first. You act as if they aren't releasing them in stores yet which isn't the case. They release via telesales for those who want the phone first and release in the stores when the have sufficient inventory. And this damn sure isn't the first time they haven't advertised a phone so i don't even know why you mentioned that. How many commercials have you seen for your touch pro, the touch diamond, or any other windows mobile device launched on sprint. The answer is a big fat 0
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 09-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
How can you compare a car to a phone lol. Sprint knows that there are people like us, here at PPC geeks that actually read press releases and stay up to date about releases. This isn't the first time they released the phone via internet and telesales first. You act as if they aren't releasing them in stores yet which isn't the case. They release via telesales for those who want the phone first and release in the stores when the have sufficient inventory. And this damn sure isn't the first time they haven't advertised a phone so i don't even know why you mentioned that. How many commercials have you seen for your touch pro, the touch diamond, or any other windows mobile device launched on sprint. The answer is a big fat 0
i'm not going to go back and forth. we're almost on the same page. as far as the tp1, best buy had them on launch day so you could actually see and play with a floor model and then could make a decision. the point of this thread is that there is no floor model for the tp2. there are some people on the fence and if they had a working floor model to look at, it might swing some people into buying one. common and good business sense 101. not everyone falls for what is printed on the internet or what joe sixpack says or feels.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
I actually did see a TV ad for the Touch Pro. Now, that being said, I don't think the OP deserves a credit, but I can see that end of it. Sprint didn't officially say it would be available, but at some point, they are going to have to learn that there is a good portion of those people you mentioned that want the phone and follow it before release that want to see it first. For some people, including myself, it's a big purchase. I just happen to know enough about WM devices that I was confident in the purchase beforehand and the knowledge that I could return it within 30 days if I didn't like it. The point is, whether they said it would be in stores or not, if they ever want to be taken seriously in the smartphone category, they're going to have to do a little bit of advertising and actually have the device ready in stores on a specific release date. I'm not complaining about it, I'm just pointing out that from a business/customer loyalty standpoint, they would be serving themselves well to do something like this.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Young-E

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
i'm not going to go back and forth. we're almost on the same page. as far as the tp1, best buy had them on launch day so you could actually see and play with a floor model and then could make a decision. the point of this thread is that there is no floor model for the tp2. there are some people on the fence and if they had a working floor model to look at, it might swing some people into buying one. common and good business sense 101. not everyone falls for what is printed on the internet or what joe sixpack says or feels.
So those people have to make the sacrifice of waiting until they are in the stores and then they can play with a floor model and make there decision. It's not bad business that sprint offers it but your to scared to make the purchase because you haven't played with it lol. And what is it to fall for a press release is offcial as it gets. if they didn't hold up to that they could be sued for false advertisement. You beliving what a store rep told you about store availabilty is listen to "joe sixpack" who has no evidence of his claim lol.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

Go play with a floor model at T-mobile. That is what I did...
Old 09-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Young-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
I actually did see a TV ad for the Touch Pro. Now, that being said, I don't think the OP deserves a credit, but I can see that end of it. Sprint didn't officially say it would be available, but at some point, they are going to have to learn that there is a good portion of those people you mentioned that want the phone and follow it before release that want to see it first. For some people, including myself, it's a big purchase. I just happen to know enough about WM devices that I was confident in the purchase beforehand and the knowledge that I could return it within 30 days if I didn't like it. The point is, whether they said it would be in stores or not, if they ever want to be taken seriously in the smartphone category, they're going to have to do a little bit of advertising and actually have the device ready in stores on a specific release date. I'm not complaining about it, I'm just pointing out that from a business/customer loyalty standpoint, they would be serving themselves well to do something like this.
I never said it wouldn't be nice if it was in store on release day. but thats just not the case. And what commercial did you see a sprint touch pro being advertised??? Sprint isn't stopping you from ordering the phone. People are stopping themselves. You can easily return the phone if you don't like it and get a refund. 30 days gives you time to play with it and see if you like it with actual use unlike a display model that is usually slow as can be and all beat up.

Last edited by Young_breedent; 09-08-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:31 PM
N00b

gface2k is keeping up the good workgface2k is keeping up the good work

The t-mobile in my area only has the fake plastic model but i just said bump it and bought it today online came out to $500 with 2 yr agreement.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
I never said it wouldn't be nice if it was in store on release day. but thats just not the case. And what commercial did you see a sprint touch pro being advertised??? There aren't stopping you from ordering the phone. People are stopping themselves. You can easily return the phone if you don't like it and get a refund. 30 days gives you time to play with it and see if you like it with actual use unlike a display model.
Right, that's what I was saying. You and I know that, but try telling the average Joe that. The response might be, "Well then, he doesn't need the device anyways" but then you're just talking about a poor business model that purposely excludes potential customers using that thinking. I don't remember what commercial it was, but it was back last November/December sometime.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro

Merckle is a n00b
Angry Went to Store

Went to the sprint store today and ...... DIDNT HAAVE IT...gay lol, guess another day

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2