PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Jimmy_Digital is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Jimmy_Digital
Syncing Facebook with Phone Contacts

whats up everybody, hey got my tp2 and loving it, the first day I received it, I stayed up till about 5am, lol. Now check this out I upgraded from a Mogul, and when I was using my Sprint Mogul their was a way that I had facebook sync with my mobile contacts and I cant remeber how it happened. Does anybody know what Im talking about, what do i need to do. Thanks in advance
Old 09-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Re: Syncing Facebook with Phone Contacts

I thought the same thing, but all my contact card did for me was bring over my profile picture and whatnot.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)
Carrier: Telus

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

Unfortunately the Facebook EULA does not allow for applications to access their "garden" contact information... you can get access to pictures and birthdays however, you cannot synch contact information beyond this. There have been a few apps out there that do more but the ones I have tried were unsuccessful as Facebook has decertified these applications that gained access. There are a few others out there that attempt to do it somewhat manually but the old automated update is not functional as far as I am aware and it will not likely change in the future... Thank Facebook
Old 09-08-2009, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post
Unfortunately the Facebook EULA does not allow for applications to access their "garden" contact information... you can get access to pictures and birthdays however, you cannot synch contact information beyond this. There have been a few apps out there that do more but the ones I have tried were unsuccessful as Facebook has decertified these applications that gained access. There are a few others out there that attempt to do it somewhat manually but the old automated update is not functional as far as I am aware and it will not likely change in the future... Thank Facebook
Particularly for us Canadian TELUS users seeing as the Privacy Comissioner is beating up on Facebook's openness to 3rd party apps as it is!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

tigio49 is a n00b

u can use dashwire it's free
Old 09-08-2009, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

I do not believe that Dashwire syncs with Facebook contact information.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaskycap View Post
whats up everybody, hey got my tp2 and loving it, the first day I received it, I stayed up till about 5am, lol. Now check this out I upgraded from a Mogul, and when I was using my Sprint Mogul their was a way that I had facebook sync with my mobile contacts and I cant remeber how it happened. Does anybody know what Im talking about, what do i need to do. Thanks in advance
Now that you have your new TP2, you can update your phone info on the board! HINT HINT

Old 09-08-2009, 08:49 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

When you link contacts with facebook (one at a time) it only downloads their status, birthday and picture. I don't know how helpful that will be.

It also says something about events ... none of my contacts have upcoming events. I know very boring people.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jourabchid is becoming a great contributor

there is a program called outsync that will allow you sync pictures from facebook with your contracts in outlook, then when u use WMDC it syncs the pics on your phone...

http://www.melsam.com/outsync/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2