PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Syncing Facebook with Phone Contacts (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83278)

Jimmy_Digital 09-08-2009 12:11 PM

Syncing Facebook with Phone Contacts

whats up everybody, hey got my tp2 and loving it, the first day I received it, I stayed up till about 5am, lol. Now check this out I upgraded from a Mogul, and when I was using my Sprint Mogul their was a way that I had facebook sync with my mobile contacts and I cant remeber how it happened. Does anybody know what Im talking about, what do i need to do. Thanks in advance

land2634 09-08-2009 12:46 PM

Re: Syncing Facebook with Phone Contacts

I thought the same thing, but all my contact card did for me was bring over my profile picture and whatnot.

jessiethe3rd 09-08-2009 02:02 PM

Unfortunately the Facebook EULA does not allow for applications to access their "garden" contact information... you can get access to pictures and birthdays however, you cannot synch contact information beyond this. There have been a few apps out there that do more but the ones I have tried were unsuccessful as Facebook has decertified these applications that gained access. There are a few others out there that attempt to do it somewhat manually but the old automated update is not functional as far as I am aware and it will not likely change in the future... Thank Facebook :)

northernpenguin 09-08-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd (Post 1148634)
Unfortunately the Facebook EULA does not allow for applications to access their "garden" contact information... you can get access to pictures and birthdays however, you cannot synch contact information beyond this. There have been a few apps out there that do more but the ones I have tried were unsuccessful as Facebook has decertified these applications that gained access. There are a few others out there that attempt to do it somewhat manually but the old automated update is not functional as far as I am aware and it will not likely change in the future... Thank Facebook :)

Particularly for us Canadian TELUS users seeing as the Privacy Comissioner is beating up on Facebook's openness to 3rd party apps as it is!

tigio49 09-08-2009 04:04 PM

u can use dashwire it's free

jessiethe3rd 09-08-2009 05:29 PM

I do not believe that Dashwire syncs with Facebook contact information.

ZuneNinja! 09-08-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwaskycap (Post 1148323)
whats up everybody, hey got my tp2 and loving it, the first day I received it, I stayed up till about 5am, lol. Now check this out I upgraded from a Mogul, and when I was using my Sprint Mogul their was a way that I had facebook sync with my mobile contacts and I cant remeber how it happened. Does anybody know what Im talking about, what do i need to do. Thanks in advance

Now that you have your new TP2, you can update your phone info on the board! HINT HINT :)

meatgel 09-08-2009 08:49 PM

When you link contacts with facebook (one at a time) it only downloads their status, birthday and picture. I don't know how helpful that will be.

It also says something about events ... none of my contacts have upcoming events. I know very boring people.

jourabchid 09-08-2009 08:57 PM

there is a program called outsync that will allow you sync pictures from facebook with your contracts in outlook, then when u use WMDC it syncs the pics on your phone...

http://www.melsam.com/outsync/