PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   When will the TP2 be in stores? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83264)

sdanaher 09-08-2009 11:00 AM

When will the TP2 be in stores?

I want to play with it before buying - not ready to jump back to WM device w/o seeing it first.

Dr.8820 09-08-2009 11:02 AM

Re: When will the TP2 be in stores?

they should have a display up. i'll check today and on a side note, welcome to the forums!(standard greeting for a 1st post!)

sdanaher 09-08-2009 11:07 AM

Thanks - I've been around a lot as a lurker. Registered this year but have used the forum as a reference for a while.

I can call the local stores to ask, but figured I'd ask here first in case there was an actual date that I was unaware of from reading the pressers.

Dr.8820 09-08-2009 11:16 AM

it showed up on htc and sprints' websites so they should have a display. of course this is sprint so you never know lol!

sdanaher 09-08-2009 12:58 PM

Answering my own question.

I called about 5 local stores - all said will not be in stores until October and no display model.

land2634 09-08-2009 01:02 PM

I never understood this. Everyone talks about wanting to have the "iPhone killer"... well you can't do that if you don't have the phone in stores ASAP!

pirish 09-08-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdanaher (Post 1148413)
Answering my own question.

I called about 5 local stores - all said will not be in stores until October and no display model.

I called the stores in my area and they said it would be two weeks at least for them to arrive in stores. No display models here either:angry7:

testacon 09-08-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by land2634 (Post 1148419)
I never understood this. Everyone talks about wanting to have the "iPhone killer"... well you can't do that if you don't have the phone in stores ASAP!

My first sarcastic comment to this is "who called this the iPhone killer"? That phone still hasn't been invented yet. Yes--AT&T sucks, Apple sucks for blocking all the cool apps, but the hardware is still incredible and yes it at least has the PROPER video drivers...

Also don't trust the idiots that work in the stores either...I just called one of my local stores to ask if they had the phone, they said no but they did have the non-working display model. I then asked if it was orange since most of them don't know the difference between the TP1 and TP2. I drive to the store and they don't have it nor do they recall my conversation. Should have gotten a name but whatever. And with that goes the "fail" of the day...

correct 09-08-2009 01:54 PM

tmobile......

sdanaher 09-08-2009 01:55 PM

T-mobile - great advice. I will do that. Thank you.

Then I can see the phone and determine if I want one.