PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Port Sprint TP2 Manila Navigation Tab!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83233)

aaronvlee 09-08-2009 06:08 AM

Port Sprint TP2 Manila Navigation Tab!!!!

Is there a way we can port this tab to other tp2's?
It would be nice to use this tab on different tp2's and use other programs to run it. Google maps, VzNavigator, Telus Nav, TomTom.
Anybody know how to make this happen?
I've been working with a friend on some other programs, and not to good on working with manila yet. Any help on this would be great. Thanks Guys!=D>

ruskiyab 09-08-2009 10:55 AM

Re: Port Sprint TP2 Manila Navigation Tab!!!!

Unless these programs you want the tab to operate have external commands, it cannot be done

Jmz 09-20-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruskiyab (Post 1148162)
Unless these programs you want the tab to operate have external commands, it cannot be done

I am currently working on porting it to vga. I will upload a wvga version also. It will work with any executable. You can also launch anything possible you want with it.

MordyT 12-05-2009 11:48 PM

Do you have any timeframe?

Also, can you port the original tv and nav tab for use with MightyRom?

Thanks

Jmz 12-14-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MordyT (Post 1389874)
Do you have any timeframe?

Also, can you port the original tv and nav tab for use with MightyRom?

Thanks

Unfortunately no. I just got done moving to San Diego from VA and will be going underway in January for 4 months. But I plan to have quite a few projects done by the time I get back.

what do you mean by the original tv and nav tab?

JaxChris 12-15-2009 12:15 AM

He's asking if you can also rip the Sprint TV tab out of the TP2 as well, just like the Sprint Navigation tab.

Btw, I thought the tabs in Manila2.0 and Manila2.1 were different beasts because the Android SenseUI used a different code/command schema than TouchFlo. Atleast that is what I remember being said by other developers as to why it couldn't be copied over. *shrug*

Jmz 12-15-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 1413988)
He's asking if you can also rip the Sprint TV tab out of the TP2 as well, just like the Sprint Navigation tab.

Btw, I thought the tabs in Manila2.0 and Manila2.1 were different beasts because the Android SenseUI used a different code/command schema than TouchFlo. Atleast that is what I remember being said by other developers as to why it couldn't be copied over. *shrug*

Kinda not really. Some code would have to be slightly changed. But to make it work with 2.5 is almost impossible without rewriting the entire thing.

MordyT 12-15-2009 07:40 AM

I am not looking for 25.

What I am asking, Jmz, is if the tabs from the TP2 foir sprint nav and sprint tv could be ported over to work with 2.1 as found in MightyRom

steveoski 12-30-2009 05:07 PM

Any word on this? It would be cool to add a Sprint Nav tab to the newest juicy rom!

Talon Pro 03-31-2010 01:37 AM

Bumper!