PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HTC Touch Pro 2 flash from T-moble to Sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83104)

rdabanks 09-07-2009 02:35 PM

HTC Touch Pro 2 flash from T-moble to Sprint

Hi, is it possible to take a HTC TP2 currently on the T-Moble carrier and flash the new Sprint platform? I'm a newbee to the HTC TP, and want either a HTC TP2 or an iphone. With all the support and customizations this site provides, i'm leaning toword the TP2. Please show links to thread that tells/shows me how. Thanks in advance for any help.

2k4mach 09-07-2009 03:31 PM

Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 flash from T-moble to Sprint

huh.

you cant run a GSM tmobile tp2 on sprints cdma network

Merdinh 09-07-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdabanks (Post 1146446)
Hi, is it possible to take a HTC TP2 currently on the T-Moble carrier and flash the new Sprint platform? I'm a newbee to the HTC TP, and want either a HTC TP2 or an iphone. With all the support and customizations this site provides, i'm leaning toword the TP2. Please show links to thread that tells/shows me how. Thanks in advance for any help.

No a tmobile TP2 cannot work on sprint since they use different Technology.
But first of all Why dont you just buy a Sprint TP2 instead, its better anyways, and has 3.5 mm Headphone jack.

pirish 09-07-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merdinh (Post 1146569)
But first of all Why dont you just buy a Sprint TP2 instead, its better anyways, and has 3.5 mm Headphone jack.

...........+1

Dragon2 09-07-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

why is it better anyways other than having a 3.5 mm headjack? what makes it better? I for one dont listen to much music through headphones anyways, sure it would be nice to have.....

i know there discussions on how the tp2 isnt a upgrade, but are you now saying the sprint tp2 is better than a tmobile tp2?lol

if its cause the 3.5 mm headphone jack, then tmobiles must be better cause sprints halloween color back with them tiny holes is ugly.lol

there all the same lol

themuffinman 09-07-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread but merdinh, you got a tp2 yet?

BigDiesel07 09-07-2009 08:58 PM

Sprint TP2 is CDMA while T-Mobile TP2 is GSM.. The networks that each cellular carrier runs are not compatible with each other.... Like running a Gasoline Engine with Diesel, it will not work.. If you have Sprint, buy a Sprint TP2.. If you have T-Mobile, buy a T-Mobile TP2...

Question has been answered, now this thread is closed... Thank you for your time and please enjoy the cookies I left out for Santa last year, they still have not been eaten...