PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgradeing from an 800W

I am thinking of upgradeing from a Sprint Treo 800W to the Sprint TP2. I have some questions I hope someone can answer:

1. Does the TP2 have Sprint TV/Radio?

2. Can you send MMS and more impoirtant can you send MMS to facebook, etc like you can on the 800W

3. Will all the APPS I currently run on the 800W run on the TP2? I know the TP2 is VGA and my 800W is QVGA but if I get the VGA versions of the software, will they work? such programs as WUNDER RADIO, opera, viigo, palringo, pockettwit, skype, g-alarm, pocket Informant, pocket quicken.

4. is there a program similar to WMWIFIROUTER for the TP2? I use this on the 800W to create a wireless access point for my phone to my netbook.

5. Does the TP2 have threaded messaging like the 800W?

6. Is there a program similar to TREO ALERT for blinking the LED and playing sounds for notifications?

7. Does the TP2 have voice dial and can it work over bluetooth like the 800W?

9. Does JUST TONES work on the Tp2? this is what I currently use on the 800W for custom ring tones for each contact.

10. Does outlook exchange sync work without any issues?

Anything else I should know before I decided to upgrade from the 800W to the TP2?
Old 09-07-2009, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

CosmoPilot is keeping up the good workCosmoPilot is keeping up the good work
Re: Upgradeing from an 800W

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
I am thinking of upgradeing from a Sprint Treo 800W to the Sprint TP2. I have some questions I hope someone can answer:

1. Does the TP2 have Sprint TV/Radio?

2. Can you send MMS and more impoirtant can you send MMS to facebook, etc like you can on the 800W

3. Will all the APPS I currently run on the 800W run on the TP2? I know the TP2 is VGA and my 800W is QVGA but if I get the VGA versions of the software, will they work? such programs as WUNDER RADIO, opera, viigo, palringo, pockettwit, skype, g-alarm, pocket Informant, pocket quicken.

4. is there a program similar to WMWIFIROUTER for the TP2? I use this on the 800W to create a wireless access point for my phone to my netbook.

5. Does the TP2 have threaded messaging like the 800W?

6. Is there a program similar to TREO ALERT for blinking the LED and playing sounds for notifications?

7. Does the TP2 have voice dial and can it work over bluetooth like the 800W?

9. Does JUST TONES work on the Tp2? this is what I currently use on the 800W for custom ring tones for each contact.

10. Does outlook exchange sync work without any issues?

Anything else I should know before I decided to upgrade from the 800W to the TP2?

I upgraded from an 800w as well. i can't answer all your questions, but I can a few of them. First let me say, this is a HUGE improvement over the 800w. I know everyone is raving about the keyboard on the TP2, but I'm still not able to type as fast on it as I could on the 800w. I'm sur there is a leaning curve to gain speed, but I have to stretch my thumbs to get to the middle keys. The battery life is absolutely 10 times better. With heavy usage (playing on the phone all day on Saturday I was able to go from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. the following moring. I mean I never put the phone down the entire day. On Sunday I had similar results. I imagine I won't play as much with it today...wife wants 1 good day out of me this labor day weekend.

1. Yes
2. Yes, and you don't get that silly picture mail link anymore. The TP2 sends pictures straight to your phone like it is suppose to. Can speak for facebook, but I'm certain if the 800w could do it, then this can as well. Facebook applications are embedded in the TP2.
3. Probably not. The screen size is different, so some applications might not render correctly. However, for the limited software I did use on my 800w, they are working fine. It isn't a software issue as much as it is a screen issue. However, I'm no expert like the others in here, so take this answer with a grain of salt. I'm really a novice at WM
4. Not sure, but I believe you absolutely can. Someone else care to chime in?
5. Yes
6. The TP2 has an internal notification creating flashing lights. Therefore, you don't need to download a program similar to TreoAlert
7. Yes
9. (No number . TP2 comes equipped with an MP3 trimmer already installed, so you can create MP3's for ringtones. When you are finished trimming an MP3, it gives you the option to put the new "trimmed MP3" into your ringtones folder. Very cool. It also comes standard with many other token boring ringtones. As far as JUST TONES, not sure...
10. Can't say, but this phone is aimed at business users, and it has a very intuitive email setup program that took all of 1 minute to set up my 3 email accounts. I don't use Exchage, but the wizard for it looks just as intuitive. The manual also explains this, so I'm certain there won't be any issues.

The 800w, while a nice phone, was buggy from the start. Support was non-existant, and shortly after its release, Palm took it down from their website. With this phone, you'll have numerous solutions you didn't have otherwise. Through this community and others on the web!

Don't think you can go wrong with the upgrade. The TP2 runs circles around the 800w. My 8 year old daughter now has an 800w to take pictures and play games on....

Hope this helps,

Cosmo
Old 09-07-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxceenotexx is just getting started

**** if that didn't convince me i don't think i can b! that all sounds good....i'm ready like freddy!!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

I want one but since I have another year until I am eligible for the phone upgrade and sprint wont give me any deals (I just spoke to them) I am stuck. I am also EVP and they would not event help.. so if anyone knows any way to get a good deal let me know...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2