PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: Wait until the slow down after Windows 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolApathy View Post
I run 6.5 on both of my HTC Touch Pro's & love it. It seems to be faster & better at managing memory than 6.1 when I loaded things side by side. At the end of the day 6.1 usually was using more RAM & a little sluggish (especially with my Exchange running).
+1 on that while 6.1 might have a very slight speed increase over 6.5. at the end of the day 6.5 ends up performing better for me and the way i use my phone.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
+1 on that while 6.1 might have a very slight speed increase over 6.5. at the end of the day 6.5 ends up performing better for me and the way i use my phone.
I feel the opposite so far, 6.5 has always ended up bogging down on me, and my battery life has been worse. The worst offender in 6.5 for me has been SMS though. I really want to like 6.5, but so far I just keep going back to 6.1
Old 09-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Since 6.5 amounts to little more than a cosmetic upgrade, I don't see how it could affect performance that much. In fact at&t is waiting to ship their TP2 until 6.5 is released, so I don't think that's why the other carriers shipped it with 6.1. They wanted to get this out the door and didn't want to wait another month and a half while we customers sat around and complained some more because we didn't have it yet.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradynyc View Post
Secondly for the person running a verizon crippled touch pro, your expectations aren't as high as mine.

Wtf is that supposed to mean? Just because I have a verizon touch pro and the ram is cut, doesn't mean that my user experience will be different based on yours.

Just an FYI, I have a sprint touch pro, an alltel touch pro, a us cellular touch pro and a verizon touch pro. So I just don't test new rom builds on my verizon touch pro. I test them on total of 4 devices. And the performance on 6.5.1 is pretty much the same

speed and memory management are the goals of wm 6.5 and on the newest build runs at 48 mb on startup with a lot more resources available

Not only is it fast, but efficient. I don't know what build you are on but you best get your facts straight on other members...
Old 09-07-2009, 12:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
I feel the opposite so far, 6.5 has always ended up bogging down on me, and my battery life has been worse. The worst offender in 6.5 for me has been SMS though. I really want to like 6.5, but so far I just keep going back to 6.1
yeah the SMS freezing was aggravating to say the least. but the 23017 build ive got on my diamond has almost no freezing what so ever.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

gradynyc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Wtf is that supposed to mean? Just because I have a verizon touch pro and the ram is cut, doesn't mean that my user experience will be different based on yours.

Just an FYI, I have a sprint touch pro, an alltel touch pro, a us cellular touch pro and a verizon touch pro. So I just don't test new rom builds on my verizon touch pro. I test them on total of 4 devices. And the performance on 6.5.1 is pretty much the same

speed and memory management are the goals of wm 6.5 and on the newest build runs at 48 mb on startup with a lot more resources available

Not only is it fast, but efficient. I don't know what build you are on but you best get your facts straight on other members...
Who cares how many devices you run it on. You mentioned you don't know what i'm talking about. I have seen threads on here with people saying the same thing I said, they prefer 6.1 over 6.5 because 6.5 runs sluggish. With practically the same hardware in the TP2 how would it run different. Now go do your research.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Who cares how many devices you run it on. You mentioned you don't know what i'm talking about. I have seen threads on here with people saying the same thing I said, they prefer 6.1 over 6.5 because 6.5 runs sluggish. With practically the same hardware in the TP2 how would it run different. Now go do your research.
Well I have a diamond and a tp1 sitting right here next to me with custom 6.1 roms. I also have a tp2 sitting here next to me running a stock 6.1 rom and even though the hardware is basically the same it blows away my diamond and my pro1 so bad its laughable. So who knows how well 6.5 will run on the tp2 regardless of having similar hardware or not.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

gradynyc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Well I have a diamond and a tp1 sitting right here next to me with custom 6.1 roms. I also have a tp2 sitting here next to me running a stock 6.1 rom and even though the hardware is basically the same it blows away my diamond and my pro1 so bad its laughable. So who knows how well 6.5 will run on the tp2 regardless of having similar hardware or not.
That's all fine and dandy. I appreciate the comparison and info you provided, but dude was trying to come off like superfly from the beginning cause i made a post. I've been on here lurking for 2 years and just started posting. I'm not new to it, I'm true to it.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

Quote:
Remember the unofficial 6.1 upgrade for the mogul? It never ran quite right until the official one came out.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Interesting how many people are in favor of 6.5 vs a few months ago.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2