PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP2 RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
Ahh ok that should be stated is available memory drop. expect that its got tf3d v2 not v1 v2 takes up more memory
I don't think that the version of touchflo would make that much difference in available ram, there has to be some other reason like a rediculously high page pool or something. In any case it doesn't bother me at all since the phone runs so smooth, no matter what I am doing. Hell, even the video capture capabilities of the phone has been greatly improved, it doesn't look like a slide show any more.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:05 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

this is still a upgrade for VZW who suffered
Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
uhm what are you smoking we didnt lose any ram from TP to TP2
The memory in the tp2 is distributed differently then from the tp1. There is more storage memory but less ram.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
The memory in the tp2 is distributed differently then from the tp1. There is more storage memory but less ram.
No its not ram and storage are different chips

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one
Threadstarter

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I have had several apps open to the point where the memory use was at 90% and it was running as smooth as if I just used it for the first time. I know alot of people have been saying its not that much of an upgrade but htc have improved on so many little things that it really feels like a night and day difference from the tp1.
great to know! thanked*
Old 09-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO WOOT!

yznhmr is becoming a great contributor

IM just wondering if all this discussion is really worth it.. the TP2 is so much faster then the Mougal, and has like 4x the ram.. so if its @ 70%or 90% does it really matter?

My PC runs just as fast @ 90% load as it does@ 70 % load (90 % of 256 is still leaving 25mb for operating, which is 2x what my Mougal WM6.5 runs @ every day).)

The TP1 was full of issues as i hear..and Im guessing it has OS/ hardware issues (not including lack of RAM issues) so the TP2 should be the BOMB..

BTW even the Iphone slows down after a few days (memory leak?) and has to be rebooted for peak performance..
Thanks MattSM for all your help!!

Last edited by yznhmr; 09-07-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yznhmr View Post
IM just wondering if all this discussion is really worth it.. the TP2 is so much faster then the Mougal, and has like 4x the ram.. so if its @ 70%or 90% does it really matter?

My PC runs just as fast @ 90% load as it does@ 70 % load (90 % of 256 is still leaving 25mb for operating, which is 2x what my Mougal WM6.5 runs @ every day).)

The TP1 was full of issues as i hear..and Im guessing it has OS/ hardware issues (not including lack of RAM issues) so the TP2 should be the BOMB..

BTW even the Iphone slows down after a few days (memory leak?) and has to be rebooted for peak performance..
Thanks MattSM for all your help!!
Of course this discussion is worth it, this isn't about a mogul vs tp2 this is about a tp1 and tp2. Many people are saying that this phone isn't worth much of an upgrade from a tp1 since spec wise its the same as the tp1 for the most part. But even though it has the same specs it performs alot better in every imaginable way compared to the tp1 running the same exact OS.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:06 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i was once on the fence about upgrading to the tp2 from my old tp1...... but oh my god was I a retard for thinking that. this thing never slows down like the tp1 did, you dont need a custom rom on it for it to run decent, the camera is better IMO even without the flash, Dudes and Dudetts, the speakers on this thing is crazy, with my wifes diamond next to it you cant hear nothing on the diamond and the diamond was louder than my pro1.... you dont have to worry about having a charger or extended battery around, i used to have to take one with me to work with my tp1 and i dont have to with the tp2... this dont get extremely hott to where you could just feel the damn thing eating away at the ribbon on the keyboard like the tp1....

trying to type on my wifes diamonds onscreen keyboard is crap, with the tp1 it was the same.... now i can easily type on screen and actually get some speed....

the tilt is a cool feature but i think it coul have used a little more planning as theres a slight wobble on all of em but still sturdy on the catching point, but down its sturdy as a board and shut theres 0 gap or play when ya touch the screen in portrait...

they keyboard just smashes the tp1s, i thaught it wouldnt be a upgrade but boy was i wrong...

the no dpad takes some getting used to and the no center button also, but on the other side i havent used my sylus once and i used to be a big sylus user.. but imagine how big this would be with a dpad...lol

the volume button is nicely placed where you can access it without having to mash your fingers in the upper left corner to turn the volume up or down...

atleast on the tmobile version the sd card slot is on the outside with a great cover that matches the housing nicely, also for us tmobile versioners the soft reset is on the outside as well like the tp1...

program memory is a little higher than the tp1 yes, but if the device dont slow down, the battery rocks, and hasnt run outta memory yet, who gives a left testicle about it? like i said, if it dont effect nothing, why complain?

so take it from a guy who was one like no way, thats no upgrade, but once i saw one in stores, i was like im a moron, oh and the sensitivity is crazy and 0 hack could get close to this....

its a 10000 % better, just the tiny things ya notice make it so much more enjoyable....... battery life rocks and the screen is huge and way more vibrant than the tp1.... good day.... ill be playing with my tp2.... 1.5 weeks since i got it and i still am in awwww.

Last edited by Dragon2; 09-07-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:43 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
i was once on the fence about upgrading to the tp2 from my old tp1...... but oh my god was I a retard for thinking that. this thing never slows down like the tp1 did, you dont need a custom rom on it for it to run decent, the camera is better IMO even without the flash, Dudes and Dudetts, the speakers on this thing is crazy, with my wifes diamond next to it you cant hear nothing on the diamond and the diamond was louder than my pro1.... you dont have to worry about having a charger or extended battery around, i used to have to take one with me to work with my tp1 and i dont have to with the tp2... this dont get extremely hott to where you could just feel the damn thing eating away at the ribbon on the keyboard like the tp1....

trying to type on my wifes diamonds onscreen keyboard is crap, with the tp1 it was the same.... now i can easily type on screen and actually get some speed....

the tilt is a cool feature but i think it coul have used a little more planning as theres a slight wobble on all of em but still sturdy on the catching point, but down its sturdy as a board and shut theres 0 gap or play when ya touch the screen in portrait...

they keyboard just smashes the tp1s, i thaught it wouldnt be a upgrade but boy was i wrong...

the no dpad takes some getting used to and the no center button also, but on the other side i havent used my sylus once and i used to be a big sylus user.. but imagine how big this would be with a dpad...lol

the volume button is nicely placed where you can access it without having to mash your fingers in the upper left corner to turn the volume up or down...

atleast on the tmobile version the sd card slot is on the outside with a great cover that matches the housing nicely, also for us tmobile versioners the soft reset is on the outside as well like the tp1...

program memory is a little higher than the tp1 yes, but if the device dont slow down, the battery rocks, and hasnt run outta memory yet, who gives a left testicle about it? like i said, if it dont effect nothing, why complain?

so take it from a guy who was one like no way, thats no upgrade, but once i saw one in stores, i was like im a moron, oh and the sensitivity is crazy and 0 hack could get close to this....

its a 10000 % better, just the tiny things ya notice make it so much more enjoyable....... battery life rocks and the screen is huge and way more vibrant than the tp1.... good day.... ill be playing with my tp2.... 1.5 weeks since i got it and i still am in awwww.
I feel the same way about my Sprint TP2 vs. TP...Waaaaaay better!=D>
Old 09-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO WOOT!

yznhmr is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post

and im still on a Mougal till tomorrow.. I CANT WAIT.. its like Xmas.. woot..

Check out my other habit....
WWW.YZREEF.COM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2