PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 04:56 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Sprint TP2 RAM

yeah maybe if your on vzw TP1 youd need it, but thats not much space really.. i thoughtd be more like 50mb atleast...
Old 09-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one
Threadstarter

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

thanks guys! kinda sucks that we lose RAM. but if it runs great then i guess it doesn't really matter unless you're extremely crazy about multitasking. Guess it's something we're willing to overlook for the best thing out on Sprint. I'll be getting mine soon.

Anyone notice a dip in performance after opening/closing apps all day?
Old 09-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I personally haven't. Apps pretty much respond instantaneous all day with no signs of system slow down

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 09-06-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
thanks guys! kinda sucks that we lose RAM. but if it runs great then i guess it doesn't really matter unless you're extremely crazy about multitasking. Guess it's something we're willing to overlook for the best thing out on Sprint. I'll be getting mine soon.

Anyone notice a dip in performance after opening/closing apps all day?
I have had several apps open to the point where the memory use was at 90% and it was running as smooth as if I just used it for the first time. I know alot of people have been saying its not that much of an upgrade but htc have improved on so many little things that it really feels like a night and day difference from the tp1.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm not worried about it, if I upgrade. I have have quite a few apps open on the Mogul, so this has to be a huge improvement
Old 09-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I always set my X button to close programs rather than hide them, so I've never run into an issue with memory. Sure, on rare occasions I'll have more than one program open to do something, but I've never had a crash or out of memory error. Then again, I also subscribe to principle of a soft-reset in the morning when I take it off the charger too. Only rarely have I ever had it lock up on me.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

uhm what are you smoking we didnt lose any ram from TP to TP2

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstainHellbring View Post
uhm what are you smoking we didnt lose any ram from TP to TP2
We are talking about whats available after boot up. With the tp1 on a fresh reset you would be getting around 40% of ram being used with the tp2 on a fresh reset you will be getting around 54% of ram being used. With my tp1 after using the phone for a while it hovers around 50% ram being used with my tp2, after being used for a while, ram hovers around 68%.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Thumbs up Re: Sprint TP2 RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I have had several apps open to the point where the memory use was at 90% and it was running as smooth as if I just used it for the first time. I know alot of people have been saying its not that much of an upgrade but htc have improved on so many little things that it really feels like a night and day difference from the tp1.
i know thats the truth brother! mines runs smooth and im using alot of programs at once with lil to no lag

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 09-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
We are talking about whats available after boot up. With the tp1 on a fresh reset you would be getting around 40% of ram being used with the tp2 on a fresh reset you will be getting around 54% of ram being used. With my tp1 after using the phone for a while it hovers around 50% ram being used with my tp2, after being used for a while, ram hovers around 68%.
Ahh ok that should be stated is available memory drop. expect that its got tf3d v2 not v1 v2 takes up more memory
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2