PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TF3D Music Tab (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82744)

Elite Precision 09-05-2009 12:47 PM

TF3D Music Tab

Anyone know how to remove the Sprint Music Store add-in on the TF3D music tab?

Thanks in advance!

slopokdave 09-05-2009 12:55 PM

Re: TF3D Music Tab

Deja vu... Anyone feeling like you will be able to find 99% of your answers by searching in the regular touch pro forum?

It should be there somewhere, i.e. the essentials thread.

Elite Precision 09-05-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slopokdave (Post 1142326)
Deja vu... Anyone feeling like you will be able to find 99% of your answers by searching in the regular touch pro forum?

It should be there somewhere, i.e. the essentials thread.

I didnt think the Sprint Touch Pro Cleanup cab would work with TF3D2....

LilRico 09-05-2009 03:40 PM

You have to edit the manila fine in order to do that...

LilRico 09-05-2009 08:07 PM

I just thought about it.... But see if the same trick for the TP1 works for the TP2...

Some files are still named the same...

Use Resco Explorer or Total commander and find 26948339_manila in the \Windows folder. If you find that, you're in good shape. From there, copy and paste it to the storage card. One you do that, hook your phone to your computer and use notepad to open the file. There should be something that says:

ExternalScriptPath="HTC\Scripts\sprintmusic.luac

Delete that whole thing. That's the music tab pointing to the luac script file that helps the music store logo thing work. Once you delete that, save it, and overwrite it to \Windows again. Soft reset and it should be gone. Also, make sure you back-up that file before you do anything just in case it doesn't work. I don't have my TP 2 yet, but if I had to guess how to do it, that would be the 1st thing I'd try.

GoodThings2Life 09-05-2009 08:12 PM

I'm getting my TP2 this week, so you can definitely expect a Sprint TP2 Cleanup next weekend. :)

jimmyz 09-05-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRico (Post 1143103)
I just thought about it.... But see if the same trick for the TP1 works for the TP2...

Some files are still named the same...

Use Resco Explorer or Total commander and find 26948339_manila in the \Windows folder. If you find that, you're in good shape. From there, copy and paste it to the storage card. One you do that, hook your phone to your computer and use notepad to open the file. There should be something that says:

ExternalScriptPath="HTC\Scripts\sprintmusic.luac

Delete that whole thing. That's the music tab pointing to the luac script file that helps the music store logo thing work. Once you delete that, save it, and overwrite it to \Windows again. Soft reset and it should be gone. Also, make sure you back-up that file before you do anything just in case it doesn't work. I don't have my TP 2 yet, but if I had to guess how to do it, that would be the 1st thing I'd try.

I just did this and it works- the exact line you are looking for is <Page Order="7" Name="music.page"- just delete the externalscriptpath as noted above

LilRico 09-05-2009 08:52 PM

W00t! I'm glad it works!!!! I rock! LOL...

psycho_maniac 09-06-2009 12:09 AM

wait a min............doesnt the tp2 come with manila 2.1 and in the settings menu you can remove tabs that you dont want?

jimmyz 09-06-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1143514)
wait a min............doesnt the tp2 come with manila 2.1 and in the settings menu you can remove tabs that you dont want?

this just removes the sprint banner linking to their web site- it leaves the music tab otherwise intact