PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The reason for Sprints orange themed TP2?

Just thought of something...
What if sprint did the silly, half done looking touch flo theme because they knew that windows 6.5 was going to be released and they didn't want to waste time customizing it. If i am correct and don't quote me. Some of the features in the new touchflo 3D versions don't work properly with 6.5 yet. I believe HTC will be releasing an updated version of touchflo 3D along with sprints customizations when they give the updates for WM 6.5 or sprint will just have it's customizations ontop of WM 6.5s Titanium. Now one of he main colors of WM 6.5 is orange hence the splash screen. Maybe this is why Sprint chose orange. If this is why i think it was a smart move. I think this will be one very good looking phone with sprint customizations ontop of 6.5's titanium or htc's updated touchflo with the sprints customizations if it was orange.

Do you guys think this makes sense??? Let me know
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 09-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: The reason for Sprints orange themed TP2?

Software/themes can be changed easily enough. But that horrid back cover, will always be horrid, no matter what color theme/software one uses.

Astrologically speaking, Orange is my 'birth color'. Dosent mean I wanna see it on my phone though.

Sprint's TP2 design and themes are the ugliest of all US carriers--sans T-mobile, IMO. I cant really think of any reason why they chose to go this route...other than them being out of their fruit color loving minds!

Last edited by sumo911; 09-04-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I actually think that back cover is not that bad. I mean, definitely not good/great, but nothing horrific about it. Only gripe I have is the speakerphone mute button, looks like some cheap aftermarket cover with it.

I do want to get me a Verizon cover...
Old 09-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Maybe we'll get manila 2.5/2.6 with 6.5
Old 09-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think they did this because they wanted to give the PPC Geeks hacking community something to do right away
Old 09-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

I just think HTC just played a cruel joke on Sprint... look familiar!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 09-04-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The back cover Rocks. I don't care what ya'll say about it.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Regarding the orange... dunno what the reason was, but I sure as hell like it a lot better than their usual YELLOW. Talk about eye-raping!

Anyway, I really like the back styling of it. My only concern is that I have a feeling it will be prone to dust/dirt collection as a result, but I do think it looks cool, not much different than the circular textured back of the Mogul, actually, so provides a nice grip.

That said... LMAO @ the 3G logo comparison!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
I do want to get me a Verizon cover...
Hmm, I wonder if the back covers will be more compatible this time around than with the TP's.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

jrob is becoming a great contributor

a good theory!!! i guess we wsill have to wait & see!!! oh by the way, the back cover looks stylish!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2