PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 11:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

brukdibuddy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
got a couple of questions for touch pro 2 users

well i know serveral of you are lucky enough to have own a touch pro 2 and i am currently a touch pro 1 user and i have some questions because im thinkin about upgrading.
1. Is the battery life better or worst as i do know its a bigger battery but does the better resultions cancel out a better battery life?
2. If your data connection is on and a call comes in does it take a while to answer like it did on the touch pro?
3. When using the camera does it take long to auto focus like it did on the touch pro?
4. Is there more memory on the phone then there is on the touch pro?
5. Do you persaonlly think the money paid for the phone is worth it?

Thanks to those in advance who answer
Old 09-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: got a couple of questions for touch pro 2 users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brukdibuddy View Post
well i know serveral of you are lucky enough to have own a touch pro 2 and i am currently a touch pro 1 user and i have some questions because im thinkin about upgrading.
1. Is the battery life better or worst as i do know its a bigger battery but does the better resultions cancel out a better battery life?
2. If your data connection is on and a call comes in does it take a while to answer like it did on the touch pro?
3. When using the camera does it take long to auto focus like it did on the touch pro?
4. Is there more memory on the phone then there is on the touch pro?
5. Do you persaonlly think the money paid for the phone is worth it?

Thanks to those in advance who answer
Well as far as the battery life, its been pretty good to me so far. I took it off the charger at about 730am and at 1130am I still have lots of juice left. Yesterday when I took my tp1 off the charger at the same time my battery was at 40% by 1130am. I have been doing the same thing with the tp2, sending emails, texts, minor web browsing plus I have been playing with it more since its new and I am still at 80% right now. Not sure about the data connection, but the camera auto focuses pretty quick. The overall memory of the phone is the same but less is available for use, but the phone is so much more responsive. And yes I do think it was worth it but to each is own.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I played with a T-Mo version (Mine is on its way from Sprint), but I can answer a few of these questions.

1) Battery Life. That will vary for everyone, based on what you do with the phone, how strong the signal is where you are, what your settings are like, etc. I personally think that having a 1500 mAH battery and powering a 3.6" 800x480 screen will use more juice than a 1430 mAH battery powering a 2.8" 640x480 screen.

2) Couldn't test this, but from what I could tell, it was no more responsive in general than my TP1. This makes sense, since it's running essentially the same hardware.

3) I did test the camera. It took just as long as my TP1.

4) Both the TP1 and TP2 have the same amount of RAM. Obviously how much is free will vary with what ROM is loaded on the phone and what you happen to be running at that exact time.

5) No. Did I still pay it? Yes. Why? I want the larger screen and keyboard, and a tilting screen, and since the phone is more "spread out" it feels thinner. Let's hope the overheating issue has been solved..

Thanks in advance is fine, pressing the 'Thanks' button in this post is even better.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
I played with a T-Mo version (Mine is on its way from Sprint), but I can answer a few of these questions.

1) Battery Life. That will vary for everyone, based on what you do with the phone, how strong the signal is where you are, what your settings are like, etc. I personally think that having a 1500 mAH battery and powering a 3.6" 800x480 screen will use more juice than a 1430 mAH battery powering a 2.8" 640x480 screen.

2) Couldn't test this, but from what I could tell, it was no more responsive in general than my TP1. This makes sense, since it's running essentially the same hardware.

3) I did test the camera. It took just as long as my TP1.

4) Both the TP1 and TP2 have the same amount of RAM. Obviously how much is free will vary with what ROM is loaded on the phone and what you happen to be running at that exact time.

5) No. Did I still pay it? Yes. Why? I want the larger screen and keyboard, and a tilting screen, and since the phone is more "spread out" it feels thinner. Let's hope the overheating issue has been solved..

Thanks in advance is fine, pressing the 'Thanks' button in this post is even better.
The tp2 has less ram but it has more storage memory.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

brukdibuddy is a n00b

ook well thanks so far well i got another question has anybody seen any buggy-ness with the phones yet?
Old 09-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

my phone is running strong loaded up with all the apps i had on my tp. only 2 apps i had to delete callid and persianblue and whats the tp had 288 ram and so does the sprint tp2 please go look ya self mines said 288 for ram

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 09-05-2009, 12:49 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Well as far as the battery life, its been pretty good to me so far.
but the phone is so much more responsive. And yes I do think it was worth it but to each is own.
This is my experience thus far as well...the phone is more snappy, no doubt about it...it is NOT the "new" experience factor either...it IS more responsive; can't tell you why...but I like it!

I loaded up Mobile Shell 3 as well and some of the nice enhancements come through (different, bigger notifications etc)...

I am missing some stuff like pushing pages of Opera...anyone know how to get these into MS?
Old 09-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
The tp2 has less ram but it has more storage memory.
The way available RAM is read varies from TP1 software version to version, especially compared to the TP2. Officially, it has 256 MB of RAM, plus another 32 MB "ISM", which, although I'm not sure, is for video memory, although you wouldn't know it from our phone's video performance.

Some revisions count the 32 MB with the 256 MB, some don't. The TP2 has has a slightly different processor, only just different enough to support a GSM radio in addition to a CDMA one. Otherwise, it's the same core and speed as the TP1, though it may have minor revisions due to a Broadcom/Qualcomm patent infringement lawsuit.

As for storage memory, that also varies depending on exactly what's in the ROM. For one, I hear that Worldcard Mobile, a business card scanning app that is loaded on our TP1's is not on the TP2. There are likely to be other software differences, and this should account for the storage memory. Like the TP1, the TP2 has 512 MB of storage memory, minus partitioning/formatting losses and however much space the ROM takes.

Research is good.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:25 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
this is not the phone's fault. it is from running a gsm hack, therefore breaking cdma data. try the following http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=88
Quote:
I'm curious about this as well.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Pretty sure it's the pagepool that's making the memory reading low.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2