PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

tmac15 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: got a couple of questions for touch pro 2 users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
The way available RAM is read varies from TP1 software version to version, especially compared to the TP2. Officially, it has 256 MB of RAM, plus another 32 MB "ISM", which, although I'm not sure, is for video memory, although you wouldn't know it from our phone's video performance.

Some revisions count the 32 MB with the 256 MB, some don't. The TP2 has has a slightly different processor, only just different enough to support a GSM radio in addition to a CDMA one. Otherwise, it's the same core and speed as the TP1, though it may have minor revisions due to a Broadcom/Qualcomm patent infringement lawsuit.

As for storage memory, that also varies depending on exactly what's in the ROM. For one, I hear that Worldcard Mobile, a business card scanning app that is loaded on our TP1's is not on the TP2. There are likely to be other software differences, and this should account for the storage memory. Like the TP1, the TP2 has 512 MB of storage memory, minus partitioning/formatting losses and however much space the ROM takes.

Research is good.
The Telus one has Worldcard Mobile and I thought I saw it on the Sprint version as well
Old 09-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac15 View Post
The Telus one has Worldcard Mobile and I thought I saw it on the Sprint version as well
Oh? I suppose the earlier rumors were incorrect. I'm still waiting for my TP2, should have it by the 8th. I hear that it doesn't come with a case or microSD card. For a $600 phone, that's awful cheap of them.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

tmac15 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
Oh? I suppose the earlier rumors were incorrect. I'm still waiting for my TP2, should have it by the 8th. I hear that it doesn't come with a case or microSD card. For a $600 phone, that's awful cheap of them.
Very cheap indeed Telus did the same thing. It seems like you either get the 3.5mm jack or the case, but we did get headphones with a mic with call controls.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

brukdibuddy is a n00b

from what i see there isnt nothing included by a screen protector and charging stuff. Kinda keep on sprints side. But they probly assume alot of touch pro 1 users are upgrading so they figure we could use the same stuff in the touch pro box but stil cheap as hell. Cheap *** phone company
Old 09-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Pretty sure it's the pagepool that's making the memory reading low.
this is exactly whats making it low, after we have kitchens and are able to distribute the pagepool then it will fix that problem, but from stock rom tp1 and stock rom tp2, tp2 has less ram and more storage memory.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Ok, I just got home from work and I was able to make it through the entire shift without having to put my phone back on the charger. Now I know everyone's experience will be different as far as battery performance goes but for me my daily activities are basically the same from day to day. A typical day would include me sending about 40 to 50 texts, sending and receiving about 10 to 20 emails, browsing the web(ppcgeeks, etc...) and maybe an hour or 2 of phone calls. At some point I have to charge my tp1, usually around early afternoon so it can last by the time I get home, but no matter how much I use or don't I would still have to charge it at some point during the day. I used my tp2 today and it lasted the whole day without me having to charge it once. Now it was pretty low when I got home, around 20% but I was impressed with the battery performance.

Last edited by themuffinman; 09-05-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

On the case and the card - my needs are not necessarily the same as another's. Why provide a case when there is a real chance it will not be used? Same with the card, especially in terms of size.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:37 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
On the case and the card - my needs are not necessarily the same as another's. Why provide a case when there is a real chance it will not be used? Same with the card, especially in terms of size.
I agree...I have never used a stock/provided case, and have always upgraded the card to as big as I can find!

However, if this was my 1st PDA/PPC phone, I would "work" Sprint to give me both!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Then you get cheap and cheap is not necessarily good.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The battery lasting longer, and the heat problem being resolved, go hand in hand. Heat being created is a by-product of the function of any device, and unless it is intended to be a heater, a real undesireable side effect. It sounds like HTC got it right, or much better, on this device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2