PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 11:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

timezone is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fixing Weather Locations in TF3D?

I thought I read that uninstalling the database editor reverts the database to its original records in the table. When you uninstalled the editor did it leave your changes intact or you did this just to get out of the problem? I wish I thought of this before doing a hard reset because I had a different problem that forced me to do a hard reset earlier in the evening. I didn't realize the 4 program column display cab was for 6.5.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

herbster is becoming a great contributor

I found this fix and it worked for me...

1. In Total Commander, navigate to the Windows directory and find 2330fc3c_manila. Copy the file OUT of the windows directory. Go to the properties of that file and uncheck "Read only". Click ok to save your changes to the file. Copy the file BACK to the Windows directory.

2. Download Weather Database Editor (attached in this post) and install. Launch the app, go to your Country > click "Edit" > click "Cities" > click "Edit" > click "Add City".

3. Add your city using the Accuweather code. Example for me: NAM|CA|NB|FREDERICTON (Continent|Country|Province|City)

4. Click OK to save that bad boy, and then soft reset your phone.

5. You can now add your city in TF3D and pray for sun.

Success for me with little praying

Edit: You forgot to attach the file I added what I think is the right one. -malatesta
Attached Files
File Type: cab WeatherDatabaseEditor 1.2.CAB (569.5 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Malatesta; 09-11-2009 at 03:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I used the above method with Resco Explorer. Worked flawlessly.

My code was: NAM|US|NY|<town>
Old 09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Lurker

wannano is a n00b

Many Thanks!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:01 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbster View Post
I found this fix and it worked for me...
yup work perfect for me thanks. only min was weird NAM|US|FL|ORMOND%20BEACH

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Telus

Tweak_four17 is becoming a great contributor

1 thing to note, if you add a new city to the weather database, it will work in the weather tab, however to get it so the weather for that day shows up in the calender, you need to add your new city to the world clock. When you do this the time zone is all messed up as the weatherdatabase editor must not include a valid time zone. To get around this you need to find a city that is in the same time zone as you and edit that entry to make it for your new city instead of creating a new entry...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak_four17 View Post
1 thing to note, if you add a new city to the weather database, it will work in the weather tab, however to get it so the weather for that day shows up in the calender, you need to add your new city to the world clock. When you do this the time zone is all messed up as the weatherdatabase editor must not include a valid time zone. To get around this you need to find a city that is in the same time zone as you and edit that entry to make it for your new city instead of creating a new entry...
Ah ha!

Was wondering where that went. I've done so many tweaks lately, I had no idea which one was the culprit. Thanks for the write up.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:59 PM
N00b

timezone is becoming a great contributor

I was able to copy it to the storage drive but still had a problem removing the read only flag. I finally somehow did it. Then I discovered the original file now says it is in ROM memory. I did a soft reset and it still says it is in ROM memory so now it cannot be deleted/renamed or copied over. I don't believe I originally found it in this state. How do I get it out of ROM memory? Seems like a soft reset it should do it but that didn't work.
Thanks
Old 09-12-2009, 11:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

wrn1138 is a n00b

Old 09-13-2009, 12:28 AM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I can't seem to get it to work. I have done everything in order as listed, but when i select my city and it tries to download it always takes about a minute and then says it can't find anything. I live in North Brunswick, NJ and tried all these

NAM|US|NJ|NORTH BRUNSWICK
NAM|US|NJ|NORTH%20BRUNSWICK
NAM|US|NJ|NORTHBRUNSWICK

None of them work. Even tried Edison cause I went to accuweather mobile site and that city was on there

NAM|US|NJ|EDISON

Even that didn't work on my phone, any help here? (on verizon btw)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2