PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   SD Card Speed/Compatibility (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82674)

jimmiekain 09-04-2009 11:44 PM

SD Card Speed/Compatibility

Ok maybe im getting a little ahead of myself since i dont even have the phone yet but I'm already buying accessories for my sprint touch pro 2. Here is my question:

I searched high and low and I cant find it but a month ago or so i read a thread on here where someone posted a link to buy a 64gb micro sd card then in some of the posts under a few people said it was nice but that it wouldn't work in pocket pc's I dont know why! Just know a few of you said that... well I'm looking for a good 8 or 16gb micro sd for my touch pro 2 (when it gets here) but I'm afraid it wont work... How do i know what micro sd's are compatible for our phones? Also are any of them any faster than others? Like will buying an expensive name brand resulting in faster reading or writing to the card? Can anyone make a recomendation?

themuffinman 09-04-2009 11:53 PM

Re: SD Card Speed/Compatibility

Well first of all I don't think there is any such thing as a 64gb micro sd since the format stops at 32gb, anything larger would be classified as an xd card if I am not mistaken, someone correct me if I am wrong. I am sure the tp2 will support up to 32gb micro sd. As far as speed that would depend on the class of the card, for example a class 2, class 4 or class 6, 6 being the fastest. I have an 8gb class 2 and it works perfectly, sandisc is the brand. I have used other brands like toshiba, transcend, sandisc to name a few and they all worked fine for me.

Rick#2 09-04-2009 11:54 PM

I bought a class 6 8GB Transcend from Hong Kong on eBay for about $25 that seems to be working pretty good. Some people have said they don't like the brand but I haven't had a problem with it yet.

jimmiekain 09-04-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1141570)
Well first of all I don't think there is any such thing as a 64gb micro sd since the format stops at 32gb, anything larger would be classified as an xd card if I am not mistaken, someone correct me if I am wrong. I am sure the tp2 will support up to 32gb micro sd. As far as speed that would depend on the class of the card, for example a class 2, class 4 or class 6, 6 being the fastest. I have an 8gb class 2 and it works perfectly, sandisc is the brand. I have used other brands like toshiba, transcend, sandisc to name a few and they all worked fine for me.

im starting to think maybe the thread was removed by a mod because the 64gb card was fake and thats why i cant find it... but thanks and so im clear... 6 is the highest class its the fastest and no matter what class it is it will work in the tp2?

themuffinman 09-05-2009 12:05 AM

Yeah it will work just fine no matter the class of the card.

jimmiekain 09-05-2009 12:10 AM

thanks guys!

8notime 09-05-2009 12:41 AM

I know it's a bit on the pricey side, but I went with the Transcend 16 GB Class 6 card from Amazon. It get's really great reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

SweetBearCub 09-05-2009 02:12 AM

NewEgg has a 16 GB RiData Class 6 microSDHC card with MiniSD and SD adapters for $49.25. Shipping is $2.99, plus I have CA tax of $4.06. Total is $56.30.

themuffinman 09-05-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetBearCub (Post 1141791)
NewEgg has a 16 GB RiData Class 6 microSDHC card with MiniSD and SD adapters for $49.25. Shipping is $2.99, plus I have CA tax of $4.06. Total is $56.30.

I never heard of that brand before but thats a pretty good price for a class 6 though.

Touch_Pete 09-05-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetBearCub (Post 1141791)

I bought this one and it is working great the speed is noticeable over my 8GB class 4 that was in there before. In fact SKTools speed test reports that it is slightly faster than the internal Memory!