PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Official Sprint TP2 Pros and Cons thread... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82664)

KrazyKevin76 09-04-2009 09:51 PM

Official Sprint TP2 Pros and Cons thread...

I know you guys have only had the phone for a few hours, but honestly, what do you think? I'm definately gonna get one, but just waiting to hear just how good this phone really is. I've only got a $75 credit coming so I really want to make sure it is worth it. So, if it really snappier? I know it looks great, but I was just unsure of what to think about all the hoopla about how it was exactly the same phone just bigger screen.

So, is it just the same phone with a bigger screen? I would love to know the pro's and cons of this phone verus the TP1. Plz? Also, I know its to early to tell, but how is the batttttterrrry????

THanks guys in advance. I'm glad yall didn't Revolt!!!!!

themuffinman 09-04-2009 09:53 PM

Re: Official Sprint TP2 Pros and Cons thread...

I love mines so far, it is very responsive especially for a stock rom and its really not that big and to me it feels better and more comfortable in my hand compared to the tp1. Really gonna need to get use to not having a d-pad though. I keep finding myself pausing trying to figure out what to do next instead of just touching the screen.

correct 09-04-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1141378)
I love mines so far, it is very responsive especially for a stock rom and its really not that big and to me it feels better and more comfortable in my hand compared to the tp1. Really gonna need to get use to not having a d-pad though. I keep finding myself pausing trying to figure out what to do next instead of just touching the screen.

you can always use the direction arrows, and enter key on the keyboard whenever possible.

themuffinman 09-04-2009 10:16 PM

I may be the only person that feels this way but I kind of like the grey theme with the orange highlights as well.

BRIVERS73 09-04-2009 10:21 PM

Loving my Pro2 as well. The build quality is really top notch this time around. Even the battery door feels sturdy & well made. The screen is slick & browsing the web is a blast. I find myself using the keyboard every chance I get. The only cons I got thus far is not being able to remap the back button, the fact that I have to pull the battery cover to perform a soft reset, sometimes the zoom bar sticks and the lack of a case....

BRIVERS73 09-04-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1141426)
I may be the only person that feels this way but I kind of like the grey theme with the orange highlights as well.

To each their own...:)

Nygel 09-04-2009 10:27 PM

will it squeeze in ur old pro case or those that have the Mogul will it fit in that case. And also does it have a screen protector?

themuffinman 09-04-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 (Post 1141436)
Loving my Pro2 as well. The build quality is really top notch this time around. Even the battery door feels sturdy & well made. The screen is slick & browsing the web is a blast. I find myself using the keyboard every chance I get. The only cons I got thus far is not being able to remap the back button, the fact that I have to pull the battery cover to perform a soft reset the zoom bar sticks sometimes and the lack of a case....

I found my mogul's leather case laying around and it works perfectly. I was gonna buy one in the morning but after using my old case there is definitely no need for me to buy one now.

jimmyz 09-04-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1141426)

At first I thought my phone was faulty - that grey background is not very sharp- I perfer the black of my touch pro1- does everyone have that "washed out" grey background?

8notime 09-04-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 (Post 1141436)
Even the battery door feels sturdy & well made.

There were some complaints on the Telus version that the battery cover creaked near the spacebar, so it will be interesting if you guys report this problem as well.