PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Testing out the tp2's gps

Just came from an hour drive and tested how the gps works compared to the tp1 and so far I would say its a little better than the tp1 as far as lag. I used sprintnavi, googlemaps and msn live search. For the most part my position didn't lag behind too much at all and more importantly after about 30 to 45 minutes using gps while it was charging there wasn't any noticeable heat(slightly warm) coming from the phone.

Also if you have a mogul leather case laying around that works perfectly, atleast it did for me.

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Re: Testing out the tp2's gps

Still Using my Original Mogul case for my TP1...

Wanting to buy the TP2 outright and keep the tp1 as a toy/android testbed once the CDMA Hero lands a true TP1 android port might come to life.

Might come down to lack of funding and pulling a hardware error upgrade trading my tp1 in as i have the oil slick spot on my second 1, but hardware wise they keyboard works great and i have no other issues other then the oil slick growing by the week.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How was the usability of GPS while driving? TP1 was more or less unusable to me due to small screen.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:07 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Also if you have a mogul leather case laying around that works perfectly, atleast it did for me.
This is the best news to me!!!

Do you have a picture of the TP2 in that case so I can get an idea? Pllleaasseeee
Old 09-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Threadstarter

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
How was the usability of GPS while driving? TP1 was more or less unusable to me due to small screen.
The size of the screen is really a thing of beauty, I can't really put it in any other words. For me it was definitely worth the upgrade, without a doubt.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:25 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
This is the best news to me!!!

Do you have a picture of the TP2 in that case so I can get an idea? Pllleaasseeee
Here you go, as you can see the tp2 is just slightly too long but it works pretty well for the mean time. It also fits pretty snug in the tp1 case as well but we all know the case of the tp1 aint worth a damn compared to the moguls case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_005.jpg (398.9 KB, 151 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_004.jpg (575.8 KB, 96 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_003.jpg (451.6 KB, 79 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_002.jpg (471.4 KB, 86 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by themuffinman; 09-05-2009 at 06:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:41 PM
CyanogenMod

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Here you go, as you can see the tp2 is just slightly too long but it works pretty well for the mean time. It also fits pretty snug in the tp1 case as well but we all know the case of the tp1 aint worth a damn compared to the moguls case.
See... That's good enough for me! I just need a new holster because mine has started to peel

Thanks for the pics!
Old 09-05-2009, 01:53 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
arent u kinda of exposing the screen for damage by keeping the screen facing the front??? i always have my screens face my body in cases like that....

dont wanna bump into something and take it right in the screen... the battery and door can take impact alot better
Old 09-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
arent u kinda of exposing the screen for damage by keeping the screen facing the front??? i always have my screens face my body in cases like that....

dont wanna bump into something and take it right in the screen... the battery and door can take impact alot better
You know, I don't even no why I have the screen facing out but I have always worn all my phones like that. I damaged a very nice nokia I had a few years ago at work when I walked into a doorknob, needless to say I was pretty pissed off. But I think it feels more comfortable taking it out of the case when the screen is facing out like that. In any case you had better not jinx me or its your ***
Old 09-05-2009, 02:31 PM
CyanogenMod

Quote:
in any case you had better not jinx me or its your ***
lmao!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2