PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Testing out the tp2's gps (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82663)

themuffinman 09-04-2009 09:39 PM

Testing out the tp2's gps

Just came from an hour drive and tested how the gps works compared to the tp1 and so far I would say its a little better than the tp1 as far as lag. I used sprintnavi, googlemaps and msn live search. For the most part my position didn't lag behind too much at all and more importantly after about 30 to 45 minutes using gps while it was charging there wasn't any noticeable heat(slightly warm) coming from the phone.

Also if you have a mogul leather case laying around that works perfectly, atleast it did for me.

gator2k83 09-04-2009 10:29 PM

Re: Testing out the tp2's gps

Still Using my Original Mogul case for my TP1...

Wanting to buy the TP2 outright and keep the tp1 as a toy/android testbed once the CDMA Hero lands a true TP1 android port might come to life.

Might come down to lack of funding and pulling a hardware error upgrade trading my tp1 in as i have the oil slick spot on my second 1, but hardware wise they keyboard works great and i have no other issues other then the oil slick growing by the week.

Meanee 09-05-2009 01:01 AM

How was the usability of GPS while driving? TP1 was more or less unusable to me due to small screen.

LilRico 09-05-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1141360)
Also if you have a mogul leather case laying around that works perfectly, atleast it did for me.

This is the best news to me!!!
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
Do you have a picture of the TP2 in that case so I can get an idea? Pllleaasseeee :mrgreen:

themuffinman 09-05-2009 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meanee (Post 1141695)
How was the usability of GPS while driving? TP1 was more or less unusable to me due to small screen.

The size of the screen is really a thing of beauty, I can't really put it in any other words. For me it was definitely worth the upgrade, without a doubt.

themuffinman 09-05-2009 06:25 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRico (Post 1141701)
This is the best news to me!!!
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
Do you have a picture of the TP2 in that case so I can get an idea? Pllleaasseeee :mrgreen:

Here you go, as you can see the tp2 is just slightly too long but it works pretty well for the mean time. It also fits pretty snug in the tp1 case as well but we all know the case of the tp1 aint worth a damn compared to the moguls case.

LilRico 09-05-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1141934)
Here you go, as you can see the tp2 is just slightly too long but it works pretty well for the mean time. It also fits pretty snug in the tp1 case as well but we all know the case of the tp1 aint worth a damn compared to the moguls case.

See... That's good enough for me! I just need a new holster because mine has started to peel :(

Thanks for the pics!

boredandtattooed 09-05-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1141934)

arent u kinda of exposing the screen for damage by keeping the screen facing the front??? i always have my screens face my body in cases like that....

dont wanna bump into something and take it right in the screen... the battery and door can take impact alot better

themuffinman 09-05-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1142435)
arent u kinda of exposing the screen for damage by keeping the screen facing the front??? i always have my screens face my body in cases like that....

dont wanna bump into something and take it right in the screen... the battery and door can take impact alot better

You know, I don't even no why I have the screen facing out but I have always worn all my phones like that. I damaged a very nice nokia I had a few years ago at work when I walked into a doorknob, needless to say I was pretty pissed off. But I think it feels more comfortable taking it out of the case when the screen is facing out like that. In any case you had better not jinx me or its your ***:)

LilRico 09-05-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1142466)
in any case you had better not jinx me or its your ***:)

lmao!