PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 07:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Sim Unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Yup, I think it has an US-carrier lock. Because it can read my AT&T SIM card's content alright, but simply refuses to register on the network.

So it's NOT SIM Unlocked.

Unlockers, anybody?
it read the contents?? i found a stupid lil tmo flip phone awhile back and it doesnt power up and i wasnt about to buy a charger for it, but the sim was still in it.. i found it on top of the air pump at a gas station.... still have the phone in a drawer, always wondered what was on the card.. who knows, maybe they want their phone back.. 8months later lol
Old 09-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
it read the contents?? i found a stupid lil tmo flip phone awhile back and it doesnt power up and i wasnt about to buy a charger for it, but the sim was still in it.. i found it on top of the air pump at a gas station.... still have the phone in a drawer, always wondered what was on the card.. who knows, maybe they want their phone back.. 8months later lol
LOL Well by default most phones does NOT save contacts or sms text onto the SIM but the phone itself.

When I mean the content of my AT&T SIM card I meant the numbers and text I saved on it.

Also I called Sprint International department. Guess what, NONE of them have ANY idea about the Touch Pro 2, most of them even insist that it's NOT GSM-capable. Until one lady that was nice enough to look into it and told me it DOES but she simply cannot answer my question if this phone has a subsidy lock, or not.

Guess someone with a non-US SIM card has to try it.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor

Here is a method I found on the web, not sure if it works...

LOTS MEMBERS...FLASH WITHOUT NOWING THE FW..VERSION...AND SET GET LOCKED.. SUBSCIDARY CODE,P2K AND PDA GROUP..IDECIDED TO MAKE SMALL TUTERAL..TO MAKE THIS CLEAR
1) Download SBF RECALC http://www.4shared.com/file/12999005...ecalc_128.html
2.Create a folder and put your locked flashfile into it.
3) Open SBF RECALC.
4) Click on "Open Flash-file" and select the one you want to unlock.
5) Click on "Split Flash-file".
6) Click on Open CG-Folder and select the folder that contains the splitted firmware (it is the same one).
7) In "Advanced" tab, make sure that "Remove Ask for Lock" is checked
Click on "Recalc Checksum". When it finishes there will be a message like: "n Sim- or Netlock found and removed".
9) Click on "Create SBF-File". Now the unlocked firmware is in "SBF-FlashFile" subfolder. Flash it.
NOTE: Should SBF Recalc say when clicking on "Recalc Checksum": "n Sim- or Netlock, already unlocked", then the firmware is already unlocked.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i'd like to see if this works too..for when i get mines.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffH70 View Post
Here is a method I found on the web, not sure if it works...

LOTS MEMBERS...FLASH WITHOUT NOWING THE FW..VERSION...AND SET GET LOCKED.. SUBSCIDARY CODE,P2K AND PDA GROUP..IDECIDED TO MAKE SMALL TUTERAL..TO MAKE THIS CLEAR
1) Download SBF RECALC http://www.4shared.com/file/12999005...ecalc_128.html
2.Create a folder and put your locked flashfile into it.
3) Open SBF RECALC.
4) Click on "Open Flash-file" and select the one you want to unlock.
5) Click on "Split Flash-file".
6) Click on Open CG-Folder and select the folder that contains the splitted firmware (it is the same one).
7) In "Advanced" tab, make sure that "Remove Ask for Lock" is checked
Click on "Recalc Checksum". When it finishes there will be a message like: "n Sim- or Netlock found and removed".
9) Click on "Create SBF-File". Now the unlocked firmware is in "SBF-FlashFile" subfolder. Flash it.
NOTE: Should SBF Recalc say when clicking on "Recalc Checksum": "n Sim- or Netlock, already unlocked", then the firmware is already unlocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
i'd like to see if this works too..for when i get mines.
For those who are wondering, DO NOT TRY IT. Not only this method is only designed for GSM-only TP2s (our CDMA/GSM combo TP2 will NOT work), it still mentioned flash the firmware, which cannot be done yet because the HardSPL unlocker has NOT yet been released.

As for the subsidy (network) lock for US-bound CDMA/GSM combo TP2s, FCC has a regulation to limit ALL US CDMA carriers to lock down their GSM part for ALL US GSM carriers. I've been talking with Sprint's Tier 2s regarding this matter and they have confirmed with me that our CDMA TP2 DOES NOT, again I repeat, DOES NOT have a subsidy (network) lock, EXCEPT for US-GSM carriers due to FCC regulations. If you take it outside of the States and use a non-US provider SIM card, it WILL work!

FCC has them locked down so until we figure out how to unbrick it, we will have to wait.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

Quote:
LOL Well by default most phones does NOT save contacts or sms text onto the SIM but the phone itself.

When I mean the content of my AT&T SIM card I meant the numbers and text I saved on it.

Also I called Sprint International department. Guess what, NONE of them have ANY idea about the Touch Pro 2, most of them even insist that it's NOT GSM-capable. Until one lady that was nice enough to look into it and told me it DOES but she simply cannot answer my question if this phone has a subsidy lock, or not.

Guess someone with a non-US SIM card has to try it.
I have a cell phone that I bought for use in country of Panama. It runs on one of their providers called Digicel. Anyways, I tore the damn thing apart to pull the SIM card from it (it was a cheap $10 phone and they didn't want me taking the sim card out so they glued the battery to the battery door and sim card).

Anyways, on the Digicel phone, it picked up a Cingular tower and it was on roaming. This phone was a pay as you go phone. I put that SIM card into my TP2. The TP2 can read all the contacts, but it won't detect any GSM networks.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
I have a cell phone that I bought for use in country of Panama. It runs on one of their providers called Digicel. Anyways, I tore the damn thing apart to pull the SIM card from it (it was a cheap $10 phone and they didn't want me taking the sim card out so they glued the battery to the battery door and sim card).

Anyways, on the Digicel phone, it picked up a Cingular tower and it was on roaming. This phone was a pay as you go phone. I put that SIM card into my TP2. The TP2 can read all the contacts, but it won't detect any GSM networks.
Well as I suspected, as long as it knows it's in the States (i.e., GSM sees the US towers), it will block the GSM part.

So now the ONLY way is to try it OUTSIDE of the States.

I will be going to China in 2 weeks and will have a prepaid China Telecom SIM once I arrive in Canton, I will pop that sucker in and see if it works.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gpracer1 is keeping up the good workgpracer1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Well as I suspected, as long as it knows it's in the States (i.e., GSM sees the US towers), it will block the GSM part.

I will be going to China in 2 weeks and will have a prepaid China Telecom SIM once I arrive in Canton, I will pop that sucker in and see if it works.

Yeah, Im pretty sure I read that somewhere in the manual last night that it only works if there is no US signal.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

Quote:

I will be looking forward to that post, you better post a response the minute you step foot in China.

I hope that in fact it just works with no trouble, and it will be even greater when someone figures out how to unlock it for US GSM use. I will purchase a SIM for a pay as you go plan to stick in it for the US to give me coverage with a GSM carrier where Sprint sometimes has no service.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

I've got a Finnish SIM, I'll see if that works, just curious about the domestic SIM lock.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2