PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 03:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Touch Pro 2 - Release Date -

I should be able to check out the VZW TP2 tomorrow, at least a test unit. I'll report back with what I think about it.
"There is no such thing as a stupid question" is just as ridiculous as saying "There is no such thing as a stupid answer". This proves there are also "stupid statements". There are probably alot of "stupid ideas" too. And what do all these things have in common? Stupid people.

Remember to say ...Preferrably by clicking the button instead of wasting valuable forum space
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:04 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
I should be able to check out the VZW TP2 tomorrow, at least a test unit. I'll report back with what I think about it.
take pictures and i'll believe you.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
Oh boy, what I always wanted.......
Old 08-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
ill tell you when the phone is out when its in my hands. hows that for a release date?

..........until we can get some hard evidence about the release date i will qualify this as here say

+1=D>
Old 08-05-2009, 01:06 PM
hec
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

hec is becoming a great contributor

A trustworthy Sprint employee I know who's involved in their web development team verified that the TP2 will be available next month, tho I didn't get an exact date; also mentioned the Hero won't be too far behind (sorry, forgot to ask for specifics).

Decisions, decisions....

Disclaimer: Plans could change, but as of yesterday, they had a Sept release date.

BTW, he/she also mentioned there being some resistance to switching to the TP2 due to certain hardware omissions, e.g., camera flash, d-pad & certain keyboard keys (e.g., Tab).

It seems HTC is intent on never delivering the ideal feature set. Reminds me of Chris Berman talking about football teams being good but having a "yeah...but" syndrome. "Yeah..." HTC's phones have admirable qualities and improvements over past models, "...but" there's always this or that issue that keeps people from being satisfied with the hardware they produce.

OK, sorry for the rant; looking forward to newer and better things ahead. Cheers!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Just for you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vzwtp2-1.jpg (489.2 KB, 124 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I really am liking the new TP2. The big screen is really nice and reponsive. I wasn't sure i would like the keyboard without a tab key the the spacing is nice. The screen "tilting" feature is cool. Does not appear to be gimped but I only had a couple seconds with it. I might wait to see if anything comes out next because I am quite happy with my TP, but i might get trigger happy. Very pretty phone but noticably bigger than the TP, altho maybe not as deep.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You know I'm not trying to put a damper on this thread but I did want to point out that EVERY YEAR we have the same conversation about Verizon and MODELX and when it is going to come out...

There are four types of people who post in it...

#1 - The poster who has a friend who works at Verizon and has the double secret skinny on when MODELX is going to come out...

#2 - the Poster who doesn't believe poster #1 and doesn't believe verizon will EVER release that phone simply because people want it (as if Verizon is in the business of only providing phones people don't want)

#3 - The poster who laments about how gimped it will be but will buy it anyway because the reason you pick a provider is based on how good the signal is not really what phones they sell since they ALL at some point sell the same phones!

#4 - The poster who tells poster 3 to switch to sprint despite the fact their coverage sucks unless you live in a major metropolitan area!

For anyone who identifies with any of the abvove and takes offense please don't it's all meant to be humorous!

But we could all save ourselves a lot of time if we simply stickied this thread and every August when sprint announces it's new phones...we VZW folks could just edit last year's post with a search and replace on the MODELX that year! LOL
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
You know I'm not trying to put a damper on this thread but I did want to point out that EVERY YEAR we have the same conversation about Verizon and MODELX and when it is going to come out...

#1 - The poster who has a friend who works at Verizon and has the double secret skinny on when MODELX is going to come out...

#2 - the Poster who doesn't believe poster #1 and doesn't believe verizon will EVER release that phone simply because people want it (as if Verizon is in the business of only providing phones people don't want)

#3 - The poster who laments about how gimped it will be but will buy it anyway because the reason you pick a provider is based on how good the signal is not really what phones they sell since they ALL at some point sell the same phones!

#4 - The poster who tells poster 3 to switch to sprint despite the fact their coverage sucks unless you live in a major metropolitan area!

For anyone who identifies with any of the abvove and takes offense please don't it's all meant to be humorous!

But we could all save ourselves a lot of time if we simply stickied this thread and every August when sprint announces it's new phones...we VZW folks could just edit last year's post with a search and replace on the MODELX that year! LOL
That is some funny ****...
Old 08-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post

ROFL!!!! That is awesome!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2