PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Is Here who Got There's

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Oh good choice! The 35mm Primer lens is one of the sharpest lens for the DX-format cameras!

How do I like my D90? Well Let's just put it this way, ever since I moved on from my dad's good old N8008 Film, I spent a LOT of weekends out taking photos. Not to mention I spent so much $$$ as much as I did with the TPs lol.

Here are some stuff I took with the D90: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33478019@N06/sets/

I'd assume you have a kit lens and the newly 35mm f/1.8 primer now? If you want to make it a serious hobby, do consider get other lenses as well.
Yeah I got the kit AF-S 18mm-105mm VR DX lens. Those are some nice pictures, and I plan on purchasing a 200mm range lens sometime next year.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Isn't battery conditioning completely unnecessary with Li-Ion?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
Yeah I got the kit AF-S 18mm-105mm VR DX lens. Those are some nice pictures, and I plan on purchasing a 200mm range lens sometime next year.
Lenses would cost you more than the just the body lol.

Here's the thing though. Depends on what you plan to spend, you can either go with the 18-200 VR DX that pretty much does everything so you know, no need to change lenses all the time like I do (Sigma 18-50 EX DC f/2.8 Macro, Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8D & the 35mm f/1.8 primer), which will end up give the dusts a chance to land on the image sensor; or, go high and get a fast (large aperture like, f/2. zoom lens.

Depends on what you shoot and your budget though.

Also, down the road when you are ready to move to full frame (FX) cameras, keep in mind that DX format and lens has a 1.5x crop factor so you can still use them on a full-frame sensor camera but it's not the true focal length numeric value (200mm on a DX is equivalent of 300mm). So if you can, do stick with full frame lenses (not-DX) for down the road when you plan to upgrade.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

agkelos is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
Isn't battery conditioning completely unnecessary with Li-Ion?
It's a common myth that has circulated for years on the internet. As of right now batteries go through "conditioning" (even though it is not needed especially in short live gadgets like our cellphones(3-4 years or less)) at the factory. You will hardly see any benefit of actually going through the process of full charge-discharge. Thankfully those days are gone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
What you are talking about is for nickel based batteries not lithium ions. What you suggested could cause more harm than good. With lithiums you can keep them charged, they don't suffer the same memory effects as nickel batteries. I think they do recommend you run it down once for every 30 times you fully charge it. But under normal use just keep it charged all the time.
Well i use this procedure with all my batteries and it works just fine. I take it out the box and use it until it almost dies (not good to let it completly die) and then fully charge it and from that point on i use it throughout the day and can usually go through a full day without a charge and put it on the charger when i go to bed at night. Works for me and i haven't had any problems with my battery. Explain to me how this could be bad for the battery????
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 09-04-2009, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

Thanks for all the thoughts on battery usage.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

agkelos is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
Well i use this procedure with all my batteries and it works just fine. I take it out the box and use it until it almost dies (not good to let it completly die) and then fully charge it and from that point on i use it throughout the day and can usually go through a full day without a charge and put it on the charger when i go to bed at night. Works for me and i haven't had any problems with my battery. Explain to me how this could be bad for the battery????
I'm not saying it is bad for the battery, I'm just saying it is an unnecessary procedure on the consumer's part. Like I said, today's batteries do not need this type of conditioning and secondly they already receive this conditioning at the factory (they need to test if the batteries are good, hold charge etc etc)
If it gives you peace of mind to do so on your part, well good for you, go ahead. But you wouldnt notice any difference in performance if you decide not to do so.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:01 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by agkelos View Post
I'm not saying it is bad for the battery, I'm just saying it is an unnecessary procedure on the consumer's part. Like I said, today's batteries do not need this type of conditioning and secondly they already receive this conditioning at the factory (they need to test if the batteries are good, hold charge etc etc)
If it gives you peace of mind to do so on your part, well good for you, go ahead. But you wouldnt notice any difference in performance if you decide not to do so.
I agree... Every battery I use right out of the box and I don't do any conditioning.... When I did do that, I noticed no difference....

I got my tracking # for my TP2, but it doesn't say it's out for delivery I guess I'll have to wait a while...
Old 09-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
I agree... Every battery I use right out of the box and I don't do any conditioning.... When I did do that, I noticed no difference....

I got my tracking # for my TP2, but it doesn't say it's out for delivery I guess I'll have to wait a while...
Join me your Florida brother.... no TP2 for me today either Will be Tuesday..
Old 09-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post

RICO Long time no C how are you and Mike lol? Hope the hosting hasn't sent you any angry letters yet? lol

About the battery... well 1500 mAh sure is an improvement over the original TP. Of course I've been using the 3k mAh cinder block for the TP's battery so I am a little bit skeptical about the 1500.

We shall see, because down the road if someone makes a cinder block for the TP2, I think I might jump on it again, after all the phone + 300 pounds of a sucker punch can do some damage lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2