PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint TP2 Sim Card? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82525)

myxheroxfell 09-04-2009 04:01 AM

Sprint TP2 Sim Card?

So I know the phone comes with a sim card. does this mean that all of our contacts will be saved on the card making transferring contacts and other info from phone to phone is as simple as switching cards?

92GTA 09-04-2009 10:18 AM

Re: Sprint TP2 Sim Card?

Quote:

Originally Posted by myxheroxfell (Post 1139567)
So I know the phone comes with a sim card. does this mean that all of our contacts will be saved on the card making transferring contacts and other info from phone to phone is as simple as switching cards?

I'd like to know too! I don't want jack saved on the card because I use Exchange or WMDC for that...

Also is it technically one of these new generation "CDMA Sim cards"?

cyclical 09-04-2009 10:25 AM

I want to know if it can be unlocked, and if I can pick up a sim card from a pay as you go GSM provider like say... ATT and switch to that if I am in an area that Sprint does not cover but GSM does?

I have no idea how that crap works... I am honestly interested in picking up a sim card from a foreign country and using it in my phone when I am abroad.

92GTA 09-04-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclical (Post 1139918)
I am honestly interested in picking up a sim card from a foreign country and using it in my phone when I am abroad.

It was actually designed to be able to do just that.

It's the rest I'm fuzzy on lol...

cyclical 09-04-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92GTA (Post 1139930)
It was actually designed to be able to do just that.

It's the rest I'm fuzzy on lol...

That's awesome, then the guys here can provide us with ways to unlock the phone and I can use it in foreign countries without paying Sprint $2 a minute. Can always pick up a sim card from local companies in other countries for making local calls.

Sweeeeet. :)

92GTA 09-04-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclical (Post 1139936)
That's awesome, then the guys here can provide us with ways to unlock the phone and I can use it in foreign countries without paying Sprint $2 a minute. Can always pick up a sim card from local companies in other countries for making local calls.

Sweeeeet. :)

You won't even have to hack it, it's a feature Sprint and HTC have been marketing!

From my understanding it's domestic GSM sims that won't work and will need to be hacked, foreign ones will work by design :)

leanne 09-04-2009 12:13 PM

You can get your phone SIM unlocked for about 12.00. search ebay for tmobile pro2 unlock. it works for all carriers.

I have a telus Pro2 and can pop in a AT&T sim and it works perfect.

Jimmy_Digital 09-04-2009 12:18 PM

This phone doesnt come with a carrying case from sprint....Thats Sad

myxheroxfell 09-04-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwaskycap (Post 1140211)
This phone doesnt come with a carrying case from sprint....Thats Sad

So no one knows anything about the sim card and if it stores your info or not?

And what's up with not having a case!?

zztoolzz 08-04-2010 03:55 PM

I'm a little confused and would like some help clarifying something. I have a brand new Sprint TP2. If I go overseas can I use a SIM card I buy over there and use it over there. Do I need to unlock or patch something? Is it even possible?