PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2? Sprint Hero, here we come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by takimaki View Post
Well, as is typical with Sprint, we are getting conflicting reports about the Hero and SERO. I found this on sprintusers:

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=193546

It does seem strange for Sprint to be excluding HTC devices from SERO, as they have always left the door open to them. I guess we'll see what happens!
I have a sinking feeling that a few things may be in store for us legacy SERO users (SERO 500, 1250, & 2500) eventually...

- Letters from Sprint saying that they have decided to stop offering our plans altogether and that we have 60 days to switch plans or be canceled, no ETF if we or they cancel due to this.
- Phone upgrade options will be slowly restricted, first we can't get exclusive phones, then no smartphones/PDAs, then no high-end feature phones, etc..
- Our customer service experience (While pretty good now) may go down the tubes when they really want to push us away.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
I do remember HTC saying that they will start putting Sense on WinMo devices, going forward. If that's the case, you should see ROMs with HTC's sense (I know there's a PointUI one out there). So you would be able to get Hero experience on Touch Pro 2, if you are on SERO
Let me say this first, I love WM and always will, but in all honesty we all know how sluggish it is and even with tweaks and special ROMS it is still slow. iPhone OS is fast but not my type OS. Android seems like a snappy OS and maybe in the right direction for developers. That is why I think I will go with the Hero!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

st4nt0n is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
thats touchflo3d 2.6 and up. it has the sense design now cuz they are changing prectically every tab to resemble sense. but its still manila.
Not to hijack the thread, but is 2.6 out from under wraps? For instance, has anyone acquired it in such a package as to be able to apply it on a TP or Diamond?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alksion View Post
Let me say this first, I love WM and always will, but in all honesty we all know how sluggish it is and even with tweaks and special ROMS it is still slow. iPhone OS is fast but not my type OS. Android seems like a snappy OS and maybe in the right direction for developers. That is why I think I will go with the Hero!
I have accounts with both Verizon and Sprint. While I fully intend on getting the TP2 on Verizon, I also plan on getting the Hero when it's released just to have something new to play with.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:10 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

With the redesign of the Hero...and it being less than HALF the cost of the TP2...I might jump ship to Android too. I do really want that keyboard and high res screen though... :/
Old 09-04-2009, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Moment, Epic 4G

dmauin717 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dmauin717 Send a message via MSN to dmauin717 Send a message via Yahoo to dmauin717

yea im in the same boat as you. i also think whats really jacking up the price of the tp2 is its world phone functionality
Old 09-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

For people wondering about sero and the hero
http://m.gizmodo.com/site?sid=gizmod...efId%3D5351329

hearing the touch pro 2 not coming with a memory card or case is pretty crappy at that price. I know that price will not stay that way. Once AT&T and verizon drop there's, which is soon. We will see a price drop.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

Exactly, but not till after october, that is why I am in high hopes for this little Andriod phone!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2