PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Is anyone buying the TP2 without new contract / upgrade deal? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82485)

buddhatikkigod 09-03-2009 09:31 PM

Is anyone buying the TP2 without new contract / upgrade deal?

Just wondering is anyone here intending on buying the phone that isnt elegible for a new phone or getting a new contract?

Dr.8820 09-03-2009 09:35 PM

Re: Is anyone buying the TP2 without new contract / upgrade deal?

NOPE! NOT EVEN WITH A DEAL! read that it worst on battery than the tp1.

imitchely 09-03-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod (Post 1138930)
Just wondering is anyone here intending on buying the phone that isnt elegible for a new phone or getting a new contract?

I just did.. It took some thought but the screen is worth it.. If you have the extra cash then do it. If you dont have the extra cash then 600.00+ might not be a good investment. Good Luck..

xxceenotexx 09-03-2009 09:42 PM

well i was gonna wait a couple of weeks before i purchase. it's taking all of me not 2. i wanna c if anyone might hav it cheaper! if not the here i go full price!! :(

jrob 09-03-2009 10:12 PM

unfortunately, i am going to have to shell out $600 in order to get mines. I think it's worth it though!!!

Monkii 09-03-2009 10:37 PM

I bought mine at full price at Telus dealer. Best Buy refused to sell without even a contract, sucks big time. I find the price perfectly fine for the phone as is. By no mean this is a cheap phone, we are talking about flagship level PDA phone. In comparison to GSM-only version, price is actually a bit cheaper too.
I upgraded from Diamond which I got through a contract 1 year ago, so I'm not qualified for cheaper upgrade options.

Then again, I find the cost of the phone is fair, aside from the missing graphic issue. But then, so far I don't find it that much of a problem yet, as overall UI speed is significant improvement over Diamond, and battery life is twice as good. (note that Telus' Diamond was already equiped with the higher capacity battery)

BenC 09-03-2009 10:54 PM

I purchased my 2nd Centro at full price and my 800W at full price. This time I got a bit of a discount. It boils down to this: do I want the device. Yes, so with/without the discount, I would have purchased it.

LilRico 09-03-2009 11:05 PM

I did it... I bought it at full price... I already know the phone isn't worth the amount, but I still choose it over the TP1!

Nuar 09-04-2009 12:33 AM

I'll be paying the full price too :(
I paidthe full price for my Sprint touch pro and converted it to Verizon. Unfortunatelly that phone broke and now I'm using the old piece of total garbage xv6800.
Damn it I HATE this phone!
I cant friggin wait for my TP2!
No more low memory errors, no more laggy browsing, no more keyboard problems (I hope).
Cant wait! lol

stevedusa 09-04-2009 12:41 AM

Well not only I paid for full price, the Governator charged me, 9.75% of SALES TAX too! :D

$660, CHA-CHING!!!! ZING!!!!