PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Split on this... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82483)

Tiberius85 09-03-2009 09:27 PM

Split on this...

I seem to have a post like this every year. Im running a Sprint Diamond now and it seems to suit my needs, although battery life is getting really bad and I cant stand the overheating.

I need a windows mobile phone for my job, although I dont know for how much longer. I am fully eligible and out of contract with Sprint. The Touch Pro2 has caught my eye but besides the 3.6 WVGA screen, it really has nothing new to offer. So it will have a larger battery and a very nice keyboard, but its still packing the dreaded 7501A chipset.

From what I've seen with the Zune HD, microsoft has some major changes coming down the pipe (for real this time) but judging by the cycles carriers have in releasing devices Europe will be the first in spring followed by us poor saps in early fall, which falls in line with an annual refresh.

Bottom line is this.. should I get a nearly identical (guts) device with some surface changes running the same 6.x experience when something better is coming soon? Maybe if it was $200 it would be a no-brainer but $350 after rebates? So I might be able to get $100-$150max on ebay for the diamond.. still not sure though. What do you think?

banjoeball 09-03-2009 09:33 PM

Re: Split on this...

meh.

go for it. The tp2 is very surprising considering it has the same 'guts'.
Battery life is great, screen's beautiful, great device overall.

besides.
its gonna be another year at LEAST until we see any revolutionary devices from Redmond... tide yourself over with a nice TP2. It's still going to have a nice resell value in a year anyways.

correct 09-03-2009 09:57 PM

i admire your discipline, because i don't think i can wait until 2011.

myxheroxfell 09-04-2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by correct (Post 1139014)
i admire your discipline, because i don't think i can wait until 2011.

Plenty of people out there are still willing to buy our tp off craigslist or such. I bet after selling you might only be spending 150 out of pocket all together.

Rick#2 09-04-2009 05:28 PM

I was able to get $150 for my Vogue (I know, I should be ashamed of myself) so I wouldn't worry about being able to get at least $300 for the TP2 in a year's time. I'd buy it; it's a pretty slick phone.

correct 09-04-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myxheroxfell (Post 1139581)
Plenty of people out there are still willing to buy our tp off craigslist or such. I bet after selling you might only be spending 150 out of pocket all together.

yeah, i'm selling my tp to a friend. not really making much from it, because i gave him a good price.