PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint touch pro 2 unboxing

I see a pattern here. The Mogul came with a decent faux leather case with magnetic snap on. The Diamond came with crappy velcrow case. Touch Pro2 comes with nothing.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:30 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnA-2xXtReM View Post
Kind of a disappointment.. Wasn't hoping for that ugly back either... argh >.<
Do you think that that back helps keep the phone cooler? Or just the speaker sound?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Do you think that that back helps keep the phone cooler? Or just the speaker sound?
It seems odd that if the holes are necessary to keep the phone cool, that Sprint would be the only carrier to put them there.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

here's a better unboxing imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwvuwz7cuLg
Old 09-03-2009, 11:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Nuar is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
It seems odd that if the holes are necessary to keep the phone cool, that Sprint would be the only carrier to put them there.
The original TP2 has a speaker grill looking back the entire length of the phone, Verizon version does too I think. I thought that was strange since the two speakers used for "conference calling" are both at the top of the phone...
Maybe it is suppose to help with cooling... We'll see I guess
Old 09-03-2009, 11:53 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

so let me get this straight... no case, ugly battery cover, outragous price, and still lags on a supposed optimized code? does Sprint WANT us to buy a Hero? cuz it worked on me... (EDIT: scratch the lag ATM, it seemed a lot better on the Phonedog unboxing)

Last edited by MikeElGiga23; 09-04-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
so let me get this straight... no case, ugly battery cover, outragous price, and still lags on a supposed optimized code? does Sprint WANT us to buy a Hero? cuz it worked on me... (EDIT: scratch the lag ATM, it seemed a lot better on the Phonedog unboxing)
Regardless of that lag I agree, that hero and its price tag are starting to look much better for me.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

brukdibuddy is a n00b

are you serious sprint cheap *** expect people to shell out alot of money and get nothing to really sell the device. I'm not sure if its just me or what but the last time i check its almost standard that every smartphone has a carrying case and sd card as well as headset. I think sprint is slacking off cause people now days expect these things in the box to come standard; thinking about the price tag of the phone i think it should come included. Hopefully within a year or so they have them in the box but personally i thnk sprint getting on the cheap side with stuff.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

So let me get this straight... $350 AFTER a mail-in rebate, AND I don't get all the usual extras that came with the Mogul or Touch Pro? Wow. Not a good way to entice new users/buyers there Sprint... good call... not.

That said, I personally care about one thing after seeing the video... did they fix the screen wobble issue? If so, I'll buy it at full price in a heartbeat, because my TP has irritated the crap out of me for a year because of the lack of durability, and the larger screen size is an added bonus for me.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

brukdibuddy is a n00b

yo i think sprint cheap asses didnt give the other stuff cause they probly assume everybody with the touch pro going to buy the touch pro 2 and they probly dint feel like shelling more money on the stuff alot of people have double of. But then again is isnt fair to people who didnt have the touch pro of had a phone that works with mini usb ports cause then they have to spend money to buy a headset and stuff like that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2