PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

myxheroxfell is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to myxheroxfell
3.5 mm

Now that we have an actual headphone jack I can see myself possibly ditching my ipod and strictly using my phone as a mp3 player. I'm curious now, are there any music players that are more user friendly? I know the S2P is pretty good. I gave it a whirl when it first came out but haven't used it since. I'm sure that's what I'll most likely use however I was just curious to see what other people are using or are planning on using.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 3.5 mm

i like the htc one as it supports playlists.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

check out nitrogen also. search for it in the software forum. its very finger frinedly and is easily skinnable
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

You can still have an Ipod. Install this and It looks and works exactly like an Ipod.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (9.9 KB, 97 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ppod_158.zip (324.6 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

htc player has been perfect for me, so i felt no need to look into anything else.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
You can still have an Ipod. Install this and It looks and works exactly like an Ipod.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221

Tried this a while ago too. Wasn't a big fan. I'm going to put my google skills to work and see if there is in my opinion that holy grail of music players.
I'll also be trying out Nitrogen. I have a week to to make my decision before I can get my tp2
Old 09-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

why not just use the Motorola S9 bluetooth headphones (like $50- on ebay) theyre in-ear bluetooth stereo headphones, pretty loud sound good, light weight, stay in your eyes even while on a treadmill, decent battery life AND tiny mic in right earbud to make calls with.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:56 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i never understood the big deal about the 3.5mm jack, cause htc provides a decent pair with a mini usb.... is it hard to get usb ear plugs in stores or something? i mean, whats the deal, unless ya charging and listening to music and have to use the adapter, than i could see it....
Old 09-02-2009, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

For music, I'm using the HTC Player on mine. Seems to be the easiest to use with sleep mode and such. For video, I'm running CorePlayer - for the extra codec support and it handles QTv mode rather well on the Telus TP2.

The big deal with the 3.5mm jack, you realize when you're nowhere near a large city with a Telus store, and you snag the headphone cord on something, ripping it in two. 3.5mm headphones can be picked up anywhere - heck a dollar store pair will do until you get back to a place that sells MiniUSB or Bluetooth headphones
Old 09-02-2009, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
i never understood the big deal about the 3.5mm jack, cause htc provides a decent pair with a mini usb.... is it hard to get usb ear plugs in stores or something? i mean, whats the deal, unless ya charging and listening to music and have to use the adapter, than i could see it....

I don't know how it is with everyone else but I have a really nice pair of over ear headphones that I love and could never see myself part with and the jack that bridges the 2 broke the mini usb on my touch while it was in my pocket. So I'm a little sour against them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2