PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: Wich esthetics for the Touch Pro 2 do you prefer ?
HTC Touch Pro2 41 31.54%
T-Mobile Touch Pro2 6 4.62%
AT&T Tilt 2 (Touch Pro2) 4 3.08%
Verizon Touch Pro2 52 40.00%
Sprint Touch Pro2 39 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Axim x51v
Carrier: IUSACELL

fxacur is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Witch version of the HTC Touch Pro2 do you prefer?

From the home page... Wich one do you prefer.. ? Only about the esthetics of the device.. not carrier preferences...

Quote:
Did you know that there are at least 5 unique versions of the HTC Touch Pro2? The original HTC design, then each of the 4 major U.S. Carrier-branded versions. Below is an exterior comparison of the HTC Touch Pro2 (codename: Rhodium) and how each U.S. Carrier has left its own unique mark on the appearance.

HCT Desing
As a baseline, presented is the stock (unlocked, GSM) HTC Touch Pro2 straight from HTC. This is how the device was originally drawn out by the designers at HTC.

FRONT- As you can see, there is a small ‘HTC’ logo centered on the top of the device for the front, along with the screen and the chrome sides.
BACK- On the back, there is silver text that says ‘HTC Touch Pro2′ on the brushed aluminum back and a white outer surrounding edge.

KEYBOARD- For the slide-out keyboard, there are silver keys on a brushed aluminum backing. Standard QWERTY keyboard.

T-Mobile Touch Pro2

FRONT- For the front of the device, T-Mobile has the now ubiquitous Carrier branding on the left upper side and the HTC logo on the right. For the sides, T-Mobile has opted to use a graphite-like pastel.
KEYBOARD- T-Mobile has moved away from the silver and white mixture that HTC used and has black keys on a dark gray backing, with silver sides.

BACK- For the back of the device, T-Mobile has had their own battery cover designed. There is a dark silver speaker grate with a bright silver design around the Camera Lens and Speaker phone button, with text stating ‘3.2 Mega Pixel’. On the upper half, there is a black box. At the bottom there is a Fav 5 image.

AT&T TILT 2 (Touch Pro2)

FRONT- From what can be gleaned from the above image, the AT&T model has a chrome outer housing with the standard screen. If you look closely, you will be able to see a AT&T branding logo on the upper right of the device and the HTC logo on the upper left.
*Interesting tidbit- Based on the image above, it is sporting WM 6.5, unlike any other carrier device, which have all been seen running WM 6.1. It appears to be the lock screen for WM 6.5.
KEYBOARD- AT&T has gone with white keys set against a black backplate, but unlike the other 3 U.S. carriers, has gone without a dedicated number pad, instead opting for a numeric keypad and blue Fn keys.
BACK- Without any images surfacing of the back battery cover for the AT&T Tilt 2, we can only guess at what it will look like. This post will be updated as soon as more information becomes available.

Verizon Touch Pro2

FRONT- Verizon has placed their well-known logo front and center at the top, and towards the bottom, below the Zoom Bar, sits the HTC logo. Everything is swathed in a black fashion.
KEYBOARD- Standard black keys on a light gray back plate and black sides. Completely opposite of the unlocked HTC device.
BACK- The outer half of the device is a matte silver and the inner half of the battery cover lies a speaker grate with lots of little holes running from the camera lens to almost the bottom. Right below the Speaker phone button, there is ‘3.2′ text in silver and mid way lies another, smaller, HTC logo. On the bottom half of the black speaker grate there lies a Map of the World (alluding to the fact that this device is a world phone).

SPRINT TOUCH PRO2

FRONT- Upper left there is a Sprint logo and across from it there is a HTC logo. The sides are crafted in a gray shade.

KEYBOARD- For the keyboard, Sprint has opted for black keys on a dark gray backing, with black sides.

BACK- By far the most far reaching redesign, Sprint has opted for a brownish covering. Center and towards the bottom, there is a HTC logo, midway and towards away from the volume rockers is ‘3.2 Mega Pixel’. What I can only describe as a reverse block cut out design envelops the upper half of the battery cover. It goes around the Camera Lens/ Speaker Button, and tapers down to the bottom of the cover.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Witch version of the HTC Touch Pro2 do you prefer?

I like the sprint one of course but thats because I am with sprint. But let me ask why even create a thread about this when this can be discussed on the home page of this site?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There's already a thread about this. But Verizon is my preference.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Axim x51v
Carrier: IUSACELL
Threadstarter

fxacur is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
There's already a thread about this. But Verizon is my preference.
I was tring to make a pool.. the tread opened before I could post the pool...
Old 09-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

i would kill for a directional pad to be included. Kinda OT i know. Also the SPrint back if it helps to ventilate is an ultimate function over form thing and i really like that.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

my vote goes to telus....
Old 09-02-2009, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

I like the original HTC back, the T-Mobile keyboard, and the Sprint front.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Anything but the AT&T.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

I think the Verizon one easily is the best looking. T-mobile's is the worst.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

The one that comes with a broom and spell book. J/K LMAO hey I have a hard time with spelling too

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2