PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cellcom (Israel)

sjescott is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Auto Rotate Delay

Hi
When I take my TP2 out of my sideways case, it often takes about 10 seconds to reorient from landscape back to portrait. All functionality is locked during this reorientation process. I hate this - it delays me when I just want to place a quick call.
I had hoped that using the TF3D2 Tweak (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67420) "Manila Rotate Off" module would solve this (I don't use touch flo, btw). It solved the problem while in other programs by disabling the autorotate, but it did not stop autorotation when holstered in my sideways beltclip case.
Any ideas on how to stop this behavior?
Thanks
Steve

Last edited by sjescott; 09-02-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work
Re: Auto Rotate Delay

Try this:

Turn on TF3D
Go to Settings -> G-Sensor -> Auto Screen Rotation -> Off
Turn off TF3D again
Old 09-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sjescott is a n00b

I did that even before using the tweak... I just checked and within touchflo settings, autorotate is off.

Last edited by sjescott; 09-02-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:14 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

I find that if I hold the TP2 vertical and then move it back and forth and also left to right slightly it speeds up the detection process i.e. that it has moved from landscape to portrait. However 10 seconds seems like a lot and would tick me off too. I've never seen it take that long to rotate.

I'm guessing you have a magnetic flap on your case and that's why it is turning on when you remove it from the case? Mine does not do that, so I only experience landscape when I slide out the keyboard or am in something that uses the G-Sensor. At that point, I use the above suggestion to rotate back to portrait if it does not do it itself within a second or two.

FYI, some cases with a magnetic flap, like mine, will let you place the TP2 in with the screen away from the flap and will NOT turn on when you remove them from the case. That's how I insert mine.

Last edited by CovKid66; 09-02-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sjescott is a n00b

That solved it!
It's the magnet! (why is that?)
When I put it in wth screen facing in, it doesn't turn on when I take it out (a small sacrifice) but the auto rotate problem is gone.
Thanks!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 AM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjescott View Post
That solved it!
It's the magnet! (why is that?)
When I put it in wth screen facing in, it doesn't turn on when I take it out (a small sacrifice) but the auto rotate problem is gone.
Thanks!!!
Glad I could help. Don't forget the Thanks button
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Has anyone seen how smooth and quick the screen rotates on the Palm Pre. There is no delay and is liquid smooth. We need to figure out how to make this happen on the Pro2
Old 09-02-2009, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Has anyone seen how smooth and quick the screen rotates on the Palm Pre. There is no delay and is liquid smooth. We need to figure out how to make this happen on the Pro2
I used the keyboard hack in that other thread to program my back button to auto-rotate on long press ... it rotates super quick when I use that method, so I'll charge that the 'delay' is the fault of the G-Sensor taking it's time to trigger. Maybe there's a regedit to turn down the delay time there?
Old 09-02-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernpenguin View Post
I used the keyboard hack in that other thread to program my back button to auto-rotate on long press ... it rotates super quick when I use that method, so I'll charge that the 'delay' is the fault of the G-Sensor taking it's time to trigger. Maybe there's a regedit to turn down the delay time there?
Good point, my only fear then would be false positives i.e. it sensing movement and flipping to landscape in error. I like the long press assignment though....good idea!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2