PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Auto Rotate Delay (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82196)

sjescott 09-02-2009 09:18 AM

Auto Rotate Delay

Hi
When I take my TP2 out of my sideways case, it often takes about 10 seconds to reorient from landscape back to portrait. All functionality is locked during this reorientation process. I hate this - it delays me when I just want to place a quick call.
I had hoped that using the TF3D2 Tweak (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67420) "Manila Rotate Off" module would solve this (I don't use touch flo, btw). It solved the problem while in other programs by disabling the autorotate, but it did not stop autorotation when holstered in my sideways beltclip case.
Any ideas on how to stop this behavior?
Thanks
Steve

northernpenguin 09-02-2009 09:33 AM

Re: Auto Rotate Delay

Try this:

Turn on TF3D
Go to Settings -> G-Sensor -> Auto Screen Rotation -> Off
Turn off TF3D again

sjescott 09-02-2009 09:44 AM

I did that even before using the tweak... I just checked and within touchflo settings, autorotate is off.

CovKid66 09-02-2009 10:14 AM

I find that if I hold the TP2 vertical and then move it back and forth and also left to right slightly it speeds up the detection process i.e. that it has moved from landscape to portrait. However 10 seconds seems like a lot and would tick me off too. I've never seen it take that long to rotate.

I'm guessing you have a magnetic flap on your case and that's why it is turning on when you remove it from the case? Mine does not do that, so I only experience landscape when I slide out the keyboard or am in something that uses the G-Sensor. At that point, I use the above suggestion to rotate back to portrait if it does not do it itself within a second or two.

FYI, some cases with a magnetic flap, like mine, will let you place the TP2 in with the screen away from the flap and will NOT turn on when you remove them from the case. That's how I insert mine.

sjescott 09-02-2009 10:22 AM

That solved it!
It's the magnet! (why is that?)
When I put it in wth screen facing in, it doesn't turn on when I take it out (a small sacrifice) but the auto rotate problem is gone.
Thanks!!!

CovKid66 09-02-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjescott (Post 1135068)
That solved it!
It's the magnet! (why is that?)
When I put it in wth screen facing in, it doesn't turn on when I take it out (a small sacrifice) but the auto rotate problem is gone.
Thanks!!!

Glad I could help. Don't forget the Thanks button :mrgreen:

O'Neil Mitchell 09-02-2009 11:19 AM

Has anyone seen how smooth and quick the screen rotates on the Palm Pre. There is no delay and is liquid smooth. We need to figure out how to make this happen on the Pro2

northernpenguin 09-02-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell (Post 1135205)
Has anyone seen how smooth and quick the screen rotates on the Palm Pre. There is no delay and is liquid smooth. We need to figure out how to make this happen on the Pro2

I used the keyboard hack in that other thread to program my back button to auto-rotate on long press ... it rotates super quick when I use that method, so I'll charge that the 'delay' is the fault of the G-Sensor taking it's time to trigger. Maybe there's a regedit to turn down the delay time there?

CovKid66 09-02-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernpenguin (Post 1135287)
I used the keyboard hack in that other thread to program my back button to auto-rotate on long press ... it rotates super quick when I use that method, so I'll charge that the 'delay' is the fault of the G-Sensor taking it's time to trigger. Maybe there's a regedit to turn down the delay time there?

Good point, my only fear then would be false positives i.e. it sensing movement and flipping to landscape in error. I like the long press assignment though....good idea!