PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have a feeling the VZW TP2 will be available months from now

Hey guys, just had some time to kill in line at Mcdonalds so i decided to call customer support and see if they knew anything on the Tp2 release date i figured they wouldnt. The lady said its not on their list then put me on hold ot check further and said she couldnt find any info but she said she could only go ahead a fwe weeks to see.

Then she said she was looking for info on a phone she was interested in and was told it was coming out in April but it turned out that it came out in July. Im just thinking we'll get shafted again with this release and wont see the damn phone till mid october.

Also this info here on CNet makes me think the Verizon TP2 will have Wm6.5 and will be out sometime after Oct 6..i could be reading this wrong though or just inferring:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2352271,00.asp

Last edited by buddhatikkigod; 09-01-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Re: Have a feeling the VZW TP2 will be available months from now

Why is it VZn being one of the largest cell providers always gets the new phones last? Contracts?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Threadstarter

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

My guess is that that the HTC and Windows Mobile users arent that big a chunk of their users and the pressure really isnt that high. What percentage of new phones bought are Windows Mobile or HTC phones? Maybe 5%? So im guessing VZW has a lax attitude and wont pay extra for extra things.

The whitestone might be a step in the right direction. Theyre getting a 3.6" version of the Diamond which maybe might attract more of the Ipod using crowd and maybe enlarge the sales numbers. Not to mention the requirement to get a data package might help boost the numbers on these phones to make Verizon recondsider their priority.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

we still don't know the validity of whether it is coming out or not but vzw support does know they are getting the palm pre...
but they said they wouldn't know anything till week of when I called
Old 09-01-2009, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, XV6900, XV6700

Speed_419 is just getting started

Verizon is all about RPU, (Revenue Per Unit) which is what drives them. When I use to work for an agent of Big V and I went to all of the meetings that is all that they talked about. What I don't get with Verizon is that they could totally dominate all of the other carriers to the point of turning into AT&T of old with landlines.
To be honest, I think that Verizon prefers to sell Crackberries since they don't actually have to provide the back end support. Probably more cost effective for them to push the Crackberries then hire cheap labor in this down economy...LOL Seriously though, I do find it annoying that Verizon is the largest carrier, but always seems to be the last to the show. Makes me wonder if they are "tweaking" it like they do all the others so that GPS won't work and you have to have VZNavigator. After all, it is all about the RPU...
Speed...

Currently Running
Mighty ROM SE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2