PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Tmobile

factorx691 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First Post...T-mobile Touch Pro2 bricked.

Pretty much as the title says...I've done quite a few tweaks/changes to my phone but none of them seemed to have any adverse effects (extra camera modes, removed some of the T-mobile branding, added SPB Time [which I had a few crashes with the screensaver] skyfire, opera beta, flash lite, Advanced configuration tool (I may have changed a couple things to enhance battery life and fix some things I didn't like)

Well today while at work I go to look at my phone (first time [maybe 10am?] I looked at it since the alarm woke me up this morning and I dismissed it) and I get this pretty little screen "Stick Together" w/ a line through it and the gibberish code at the bottom. Of course it's just stuck there doesn't move at all; I tried removing the battery for half an hour - still nothing, I tried the reset button on the side - still nothing, I even tried a Master Reset (held down send while power on...) - still nothing. Called T-mobile and they're sending me a new phone but because I am right outside their "Buyer's remorse" period I have to wait for a new TP2 to come via UPS and in the mean time get some loaner phone (which I'm sure will be awful).

Let me also add that when it came out of my pocket it was warm like it had been charging but not all that hot. Also you can see the lack of scratch resistance of the screen protector (that was from the stylus with not a lot of pressure).
Old 09-01-2009, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Re: First Post...T-mobile Touch Pro2 bricked.

stupid question but can you get into bootloader?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, XV6900, XV6700

Speed_419 is just getting started
Angry Re: First Post...T-mobile Touch Pro2 bricked.

Man I feel for you. The only thing worse I think then waiting for Big V to hurry up is to get my phone when it comes out and then turn it into a brick after I have enjoyed it for about a week.
Speed...

Currently Running
Mighty ROM SE
Old 09-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

noob007 is a n00b

wow. I hope this is not common.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sorry to hear that bro, at least u have another one en-route
Old 09-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Tmobile
Threadstarter

factorx691 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
stupid question but can you get into bootloader?
I can get into the bootloader; why?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorx691 View Post
I even tried a Master Reset (held down send while power on...)
Did you try this: ?

Press power + start call (green) + end call (red) buttons. Hold them all and press reset button. Keep holding them until you see screen that says to press volume up button to reset.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

+1,
Did you even try a hard reset?

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Maybe it is some kind of malware problem?Hard reset should rake care of it. Do it a couple times. Couldn't hurt.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:05 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i love reading these Bricked posts, they are never bricked, the dude 4 posts down always says, nevermind guys, i got it, thanks for ya help.... lol i bet a hard reset fixes it......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2