PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jrog27 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: when your screens tilted

Cmon mods, the first day exil3d returns and he is already bashing our phones again.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Return that unaccelerated junk. Wait for a real device thats not crippled. lol
Exiled. You have been warned numerous amount of times in the past month regarding "Flaming" or stirring the pot.

If you do not have a positive comment, please do not comment at all.

Trolling is not accepted here at PPCGeeks.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Exiled. You have been warned numerous amount of times in the past month regarding "Flaming" or stirring the pot.

If you do not have a positive comment, please do not comment at all.

Trolling is not accepted here at PPCGeeks.
Thank you so much. Anyway my screen has the 1/2 inch play in it as well when its tilted but I guess it doesn't bother me too much. I really don't use the tilt feature to often but for the most part the overall feel of the phone is a lot more solid the my tp1 when I first got it.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Thank you so much. Anyway my screen has the 1/2 inch play in it as well when its tilted but I guess it doesn't bother me too much. I really don't use the tilt feature to often but for the most part the overall feel of the phone is a lot more solid the my tp1 when I first got it.
Personally, i felt like i've had two totally different phones.

1st tp2 - Tilt screen was solid, although when the phone vibrated, it sounded like the thing was going to fall apart.

2nd tp2 - Tilt screen is kinda lose, vibrator sounds very tight.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Personally, i felt like i've had two totally different phones.

1st tp2 - Tilt screen was solid, although when the phone vibrated, it sounded like the thing was going to fall apart.

2nd tp2 - Tilt screen is kinda lose, vibrator sounds very tight.
Funny you mention that. My screen is loose when its tilted but this sucker vibrates violently in my opinion. This morning I was in a meeting and had my phone on vibrate (while it was in my mogul leather case on my hip) when I received a call, my buddy looked over at me at said what the hell is that? He started laughing at me over how it vibrated, he also has a tp2 by tmobile and his vibrates alot smoother than mine does.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Telus

jonoball88 is keeping up the good workjonoball88 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post

yeah i agree, the tp2 feels way stronger then the tp, i just like the feel of the sliding way better. i noticed on the touch pro when the keyboard is shut the screen wobbles like crazy! and with the tp2 it does not move very much, but it also might be stronger cause of the tilt feature.

The one thing i dont like is when you are watching a youtube or video clip with your phone laying on a flat surface with the screen tilted up it blocks the sound coming from the speakers cause the speakers are facing down towards the table
Old 09-09-2009, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tmac15 is a n00b

So just to be clear for future reference, the plastic tabs are what is scratching the phone, or is it just the sliding mechanism. I mean if you remove the tabs does it still scratch the keyboard surface?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:35 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac15 View Post
So just to be clear for future reference, the plastic tabs are what is scratching the phone, or is it just the sliding mechanism. I mean if you remove the tabs does it still scratch the keyboard surface?
its like these metal little tiny flaps on the backside of the screen that hang down just a **** hair and slightly scratch the sides, at first I thaught it was the excess sticky shnit, but its these tiny metal things hanging down on the left side of the screen.... the sticky things (clear tape type) apparently helped it from scratching the actuall phone, but itn not even a big scratch and cant barely notice, atleast mine...
Old 09-09-2009, 01:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Maybe just squeeze the 2 halves together, while opening and closing it repeatedly, until you have nice even little gouges, and it looks like a design feature. Then FORGET about it and enjoy the phone.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

lol......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2