PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Rick#2 is keeping up the good workRick#2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Water Damage Indicator?

Now I'm tripping. I never really noticed before, but when I opened my TP2 up to put in a new storage card today there is a small, circular sticker in the top left that says "VOID" in red letters. Also, about 3/4 of the way down along the left hand side there is a little piece of litmus paper or something that has a checkered pattern of reddish pink on it.

WTH? Does this mean my phone has water damage? I've only had it for about 2 weeks and I can guarantee this thing has been kept dry as a bone... this thing is my baby! I'm going to raise hell in the dealership I picked this up at if they sold me one that is damaged... the punk that sold it to me looked like to kind of guy that would do something like that. Although I can see how that's going to work out. "Sorry dude, it wouldn't be showing that if you didn't get it wet. Better luck next time." Shame on me for not looking at it first but really, should you have to do that?

I'm hoping someone on here has a Telus TP2 they can take a look at and ease my worries... but I don't know what other colour those indicators would turn if they weren't trying to tell me the phone has gotten wet. Here's a couple of pics to show what I mean.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Void1.JPG (31.6 KB, 258 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Void2.JPG (30.8 KB, 240 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

Tweak_four17 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Water Damage Indicator?

I always assumed that the VOID sticker was protecting a screw and if that sticker was gone then your warranty was void..so you don't take it apart and hardware mod it..I could be wrong
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

That checker pattern is the way it is suposed to look. The old ones were all white and then turned pink.

Last edited by Tech Addiction; 09-02-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hmm... maybe I'm worried about nothing. It just seems like a pretty counter-intuitive way to go about telling you if your warranty is void or not.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

andsoitgoes is becoming a great contributor

Exactly, the checkered pattern is fine, I've got "Void" on my upper left-circle sticker as well, no need to fear man, unless mine has water damage, too!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Great, good to know that you got this concern resolved. If you every got a solid red sticker, that is an indication that it might be water damaged. If you own your device for a long time or know that you never had your device dipped into the water yet it shows solid red on the sticker, don't be alert as for it could be a false alarm as well. If you ever encountered this situation and your Sprint repair shop is making a big fuss about the warranty and such, just tell to open up the phone and see if there is any corrosion inside. If there are any corrosion inside, your phone have had contact with the water. If not, then it never had. Just a heads up for later on and a FYI

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick#2 View Post
Thanks for the info guys!
With pleasure.. there are alot of cool things out there for your phone, you'll find them eventually Good luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

yeah the void sticker just means void if the seal is broken. i have a broken void sticker on my touch pro but then i have a TSW sticker which i will assume with override the broken void stucker cuz the phone i have is a refurbished.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2