PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Revolt against Sprint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
I know this is probably next to impossible but hey, I've seen bigger things happen. I'm talking how can we get a revolt against the crazy high price of the TP2. I would love to see a huge hold out, by that I mean displaying a public revolt of users committed to not buying this phone. It's simple, supply and demand. Sprint has the supply, but if the demand is not buying the phone they will be forced to sell it at a lower cost, or perhaps offer the rebate as instant. I mean really does HTC offer the rebate or does Sprint? I think Sprint does. So let's see if we can get this to spread like wild fires (no pun intended here for my so cal friends). Let's see if we can get this on digg and all the social network mediums.

I for one will commit to not buying this phone as much as I want it.

So who is with me here?

--Steve
Can you wait until I pick mine up before you start the revolt.. i have waited long enough...lol
Old 09-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

yeah sellin my current touch pro for $200 softens the blow, its already up on ebay/craigslist bidded on and was told it wasn't shipping until next week, so 150 in total isnt bad at all, plus I'll have another upgrade due in jan. thanks to my brother and all
Old 09-01-2009, 01:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Saga
Carrier: Verizon

exempli_gratia is a n00b

Yes the TP2 price is reasonable compared to the TP1, but that's in the past.

What matters is today's competition. Pre is $200, iPhone starts at $100 ($200 for 3GS), the Blackberry Storm and Tour at $200.

Even, the previous generation of this phone, TP1 is now $99 on Verizon.

Ultimately the only protest that matters is whether people pass on the $350 or not.

But, even if the hard-core pays up -- I'm sure many will, that's the thing about the hard-core -- it's hard to see how this isn't just another reason why WinMo phones are having such a hard time in the market. You can't keep a platform moving with just the hard-core on board.

And it doesn't help to make your loyal customers feel like suckers compared to your competition.

PS. I'm still in the hard-code, but wavering more and more.

Last edited by exempli_gratia; 09-01-2009 at 06:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by exempli_gratia View Post
Yes the TP2 price is reasonable compared to the TP1, but that's in the past.

What matters is today's competition. Pre is $200, iPhone starts at $100 ($200 for 3GS), the Blackberry Storm and Tour at $200.

Even, the previous generation of this phone, TP1 is now $99 on Verizon.

Ultimately the only protest that matters is will whether people pass on the $350 or not.

But, even if the hard-core to pays up -- I'm sure many will, that's the thing about the hard-core -- it's hard to see how this isn't just another reason why WinMo phones are having such a hard time in the market. You can't keep a platform moving with just the hard-core on board.

And it doesn't help to make your loyal customers feel like suckers compared to your competition.

PS. I'm still in the hard-code, but wavering more and more.
Good said.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was actually thinking of starting this thread yesterday with the word BOYCOTT. I'm in. In this economy, and a phone that can't really do anything for me and my business that my Mogul can't, I can't see that price. However, it's too early to talk to them about a better deal, next week I guess. I just got another replacement Mogul, the 4th in 2 years, and oddly, this was the 1st one that was not a refurb, but totally new. But guess what, bad keys right out of the box. I'm a ticked of customer right now.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Yea, I don't see what the big deal is with the price. It seems right in line where it has always been for release. Heck, VZW will probably charge $50 more than Sprint for the phone and I'm ok with that too.

Gotta pay to play.... as I've learned with many other, and much more expensive, hobbies. But I do hope that the price will come down quickly so that the general ppcgeek community can get its hands on it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Op... expect some flame from a few members here. Hopefully mods keep them in check. As for you plan.... its not a bad idea really. Must of the money Sprint makes is not to phone sales but rather in cell service they provide. I have my own reason why I am not buying the phone.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
i was just posting the pricing so everyone can see there is no earth shattering price increase just 50bucks.
i should of explained earlier but at work and something came up...
Everything else, including new cars, have dropped dramatically.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

If a new phone is no better than the one you have.. why would you want to upgrade in the first place? That would make the word upgrade an oxymoron.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
Yeah, that'll work.

They're scrambling now to re-price it.
Where do you get that from?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2