PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 10:13 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To tmobile or not to tmobile, that is my question

So November 1st I'm done with Sprint (or could be.) My contract runs out. After hearing the news that the sprint version will cost $350 bucks, I am starting to consider that amazon.com deal where you get the phone for $150 with a tmobile account. A comparable plan costs about the same as what I have now.

What are reasons to stay with Sprint (not just service wise, but phone wise too.) Won't it be pretty much the same phone minus the 3.5mm jack Sprint's got?

Why should I go with TMobile? Anyone hate their experience?

Old 08-31-2009, 10:19 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM
Re: To tmobile or not to tmobile, that is my question

Well, never tried TMobile yet, but have you tried to lay out your calculations for staying with Sprint and suck up that cost (might be lower if you make a deal with retentions) and then to move over to Tmobile? If it hold true for $200 difference, it would basically cost you around $8 more a month for 24 months.

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Not to mention that the T-Mobile offer on Amazon wasn't available right away. I'm sure if you give it a month they will have the same deal for Sprint. Sprint also has a MUCH better data network than T-Mobile does in my experience.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:57 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Not to mention that the T-Mobile offer on Amazon wasn't available right away. I'm sure if you give it a month they will have the same deal for Sprint. Sprint also has a MUCH better data network than T-Mobile does in my experience.
yeah but even if they did, can I get that as an existing customer? I'm not certain they will allow me to renew the contract for an existing account through amazon.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I guess you can't do that
Old 09-01-2009, 01:49 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The T-mobile network is pretty bad in comparison to sprint and if you look at the speed chart, you would see sprint has #1 speeds for 3g (for now)...

plus, isn't sprint the land of freebies...sure it may cost $200 more..BUT considering 2 years thats around 8$ a month and if you keep it 1 year 16$ a month..i am sure you can easily win out 20$ of free stuff from sprint

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-01-2009, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6800

csa02221862 is just getting started

I played with the TP2 on the T-Mobile 14 day trial. It was terrible! T-Mobile not the TP2! The phone is AWSOME!
Dropped calls, garbled calls, and the data is so slow you can’t get a connection half the time (browser timing out) and with Google maps the page refresh/update was so slow you would drive right off the page onto a blank screen even at moderate speeds around town. I travel around the country and it was no better anywhere.
STAY AWAY!
I’m with Verizon and plan to wait until they offer it, PLEASE DON’T START THE Verizon Vis …. Thing.
Rich

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2