PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   To tmobile or not to tmobile, that is my question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81897)

chronster 08-31-2009 10:13 PM

To tmobile or not to tmobile, that is my question

So November 1st I'm done with Sprint (or could be.) My contract runs out. After hearing the news that the sprint version will cost $350 bucks, I am starting to consider that amazon.com deal where you get the phone for $150 with a tmobile account. A comparable plan costs about the same as what I have now.

What are reasons to stay with Sprint (not just service wise, but phone wise too.) Won't it be pretty much the same phone minus the 3.5mm jack Sprint's got?

Why should I go with TMobile? Anyone hate their experience?

TnA-2xXtReM 08-31-2009 10:19 PM

Re: To tmobile or not to tmobile, that is my question

Well, never tried TMobile yet, but have you tried to lay out your calculations for staying with Sprint and suck up that cost (might be lower if you make a deal with retentions) and then to move over to Tmobile? If it hold true for $200 difference, it would basically cost you around $8 more a month for 24 months.

8notime 08-31-2009 10:38 PM

Not to mention that the T-Mobile offer on Amazon wasn't available right away. I'm sure if you give it a month they will have the same deal for Sprint. Sprint also has a MUCH better data network than T-Mobile does in my experience.

chronster 08-31-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8notime (Post 1131828)
Not to mention that the T-Mobile offer on Amazon wasn't available right away. I'm sure if you give it a month they will have the same deal for Sprint. Sprint also has a MUCH better data network than T-Mobile does in my experience.

yeah but even if they did, can I get that as an existing customer? I'm not certain they will allow me to renew the contract for an existing account through amazon.

8notime 08-31-2009 11:18 PM

I guess you can't do that :(

gTen 09-01-2009 01:49 AM

The T-mobile network is pretty bad in comparison to sprint and if you look at the speed chart, you would see sprint has #1 speeds for 3g (for now)...

plus, isn't sprint the land of freebies...sure it may cost $200 more..BUT considering 2 years thats around 8$ a month and if you keep it 1 year 16$ a month..i am sure you can easily win out 20$ of free stuff from sprint

csa02221862 09-01-2009 09:19 AM

I played with the TP2 on the T-Mobile 14 day trial. It was terrible! T-Mobile not the TP2! The phone is AWSOME!
Dropped calls, garbled calls, and the data is so slow you can’t get a connection half the time (browser timing out) and with Google maps the page refresh/update was so slow you would drive right off the page onto a blank screen even at moderate speeds around town. I travel around the country and it was no better anywhere.
STAY AWAY!
I’m with Verizon and plan to wait until they offer it, PLEASE DON’T START THE Verizon Vis …. Thing.
Rich