PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Battery Door...Bulge or Click. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81731)

freebie 08-30-2009 11:54 PM

Battery Door...Bulge or Click.

I went into a Telus dealer today and had my TP2 replaced due to clicking space bar problem (some others have reported this issue as well). The new TP2 had the bulging problem reported by Mighty Mike and others, but keyboard was click free. When I got home I decided to do a little filing (with my wifes nail file) to the little tabs on the battery door, to remove the bulge...well the bulge is gone and the ***ing click is back! I will prob just order new batt door from Telus and live with the bulge...just thought I'd let eveyone know that you will either have a Bulge or Click, for Telus users anyway.](*,)

shtewps 08-31-2009 12:28 AM

Re: Battery Door...Bulge or Click.

lol... but I have neither :dontknow:

freebie 08-31-2009 12:59 AM

Good to hear...lets hope its stays that way. Mine was fine for about 3 weeks, then the clicking started...maybe removing the batt door to do so many soft resets was like slow motion nail file on those tabs! lol

PROBEX 08-31-2009 11:44 AM

Find yourself the AA soft reset cab to reset your phone without having to pull the battery cover off all the time. :o)

janko10 08-31-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PROBEX (Post 1130438)
Find yourself the AA soft reset cab to reset your phone without having to pull the battery cover off all the time. :o)

Yeah I need to get that as well. I don't have a TP2 yet but I already know I'm going to hate taking off the cover all the time to soft-reset.

freebie 08-31-2009 12:23 PM

Yeah, I remembered psShutXP that I used to use on my Diamond, still sometimes the "physical" soft reset is needed...not near as often tho. I will have to try AA soft reset as well. I will be ordering another batt door, so maybe I will try to drill a hole for the stylus in the one I have now. :mrgreen:

Exil3d 08-31-2009 12:35 PM

Well, its HTC build quality. The pro 1 had similar issues but with the dpad being raised on one corner. Nothing new really. Its going to be interesting how the Sprint version is gonna come out.

freebie 08-31-2009 12:47 PM

I had no previous issues with my Diamond or Touch Dual, excellent phones build wise, maybe just the TP1 and now the TP2...I will have to see if I can try out other carrier battery doors.

andsoitgoes 09-01-2009 12:01 AM

Same issues here, so you know. My battery thing has a bit of a bulge and is squeaky, I have the BB warranty so I may make my way there to swap it out, but if I do I lose my nice screen protector, so I may just hold off for a bit, and if it's just the battery door, no issues.

I wonder if swapping a door out would solve the problem.

freebie 09-01-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andsoitgoes (Post 1132029)
Same issues here, so you know. My battery thing has a bit of a bulge and is squeaky, I have the BB warranty so I may make my way there to swap it out, but if I do I lose my nice screen protector, so I may just hold off for a bit, and if it's just the battery door, no issues.

I wonder if swapping a door out would solve the problem.

I do have one on order from Telus...people have noticed the buldge even when they exchanged for new one, first thing I noticed actually. I can live with the buldge, but not the clicking. Ill report back with results when batt door arrives.

freebie 09-03-2009 09:53 AM

My new battery door arrived yesterday...buldge still exists and most of the clicking is gone. Once I put the clear armor case on tho, both went away. :mrgreen:

Paragon 09-03-2009 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebie (Post 1130522)
Yeah, I remembered psShutXP that I used to use on my Diamond, still sometimes the "physical" soft reset is needed...not near as often tho. I will have to try AA soft reset as well. I will be ordering another batt door, so maybe I will try to drill a hole for the stylus in the one I have now. :mrgreen:

To reset without using a stylus or application just power the phone off....hold the end button (bottom right) for a few seconds and it turns the phone off, hold it again for a few seconds and it turns back on. It is the same as manually resetting. No holes needed. ;)

Dave

freebie 09-03-2009 04:14 PM

Yeah Ive done that aswell, but somethings that I have installed or configured to my phone have also frozen the hardware keys, and Ive had to use the reset button.