PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Door...Bulge or Click.

I went into a Telus dealer today and had my TP2 replaced due to clicking space bar problem (some others have reported this issue as well). The new TP2 had the bulging problem reported by Mighty Mike and others, but keyboard was click free. When I got home I decided to do a little filing (with my wifes nail file) to the little tabs on the battery door, to remove the bulge...well the bulge is gone and the ***ing click is back! I will prob just order new batt door from Telus and live with the bulge...just thought I'd let eveyone know that you will either have a Bulge or Click, for Telus users anyway.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 > Touch > Diamond > TP > TP2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

shtewps is keeping up the good workshtewps is keeping up the good work
Re: Battery Door...Bulge or Click.

lol... but I have neither
Old 08-31-2009, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Good to hear...lets hope its stays that way. Mine was fine for about 3 weeks, then the clicking started...maybe removing the batt door to do so many soft resets was like slow motion nail file on those tabs! lol
Old 08-31-2009, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: MTS

PROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuff

Find yourself the AA soft reset cab to reset your phone without having to pull the battery cover off all the time. )

http://probex.ca
Putting the X in seXy mobile devices
Old 08-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROBEX View Post
Find yourself the AA soft reset cab to reset your phone without having to pull the battery cover off all the time. )
Yeah I need to get that as well. I don't have a TP2 yet but I already know I'm going to hate taking off the cover all the time to soft-reset.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah, I remembered psShutXP that I used to use on my Diamond, still sometimes the "physical" soft reset is needed...not near as often tho. I will have to try AA soft reset as well. I will be ordering another batt door, so maybe I will try to drill a hole for the stylus in the one I have now.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Well, its HTC build quality. The pro 1 had similar issues but with the dpad being raised on one corner. Nothing new really. Its going to be interesting how the Sprint version is gonna come out.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I had no previous issues with my Diamond or Touch Dual, excellent phones build wise, maybe just the TP1 and now the TP2...I will have to see if I can try out other carrier battery doors.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

andsoitgoes is becoming a great contributor

Same issues here, so you know. My battery thing has a bit of a bulge and is squeaky, I have the BB warranty so I may make my way there to swap it out, but if I do I lose my nice screen protector, so I may just hold off for a bit, and if it's just the battery door, no issues.

I wonder if swapping a door out would solve the problem.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Same issues here, so you know. My battery thing has a bit of a bulge and is squeaky, I have the BB warranty so I may make my way there to swap it out, but if I do I lose my nice screen protector, so I may just hold off for a bit, and if it's just the battery door, no issues.

I wonder if swapping a door out would solve the problem.
I do have one on order from Telus...people have noticed the buldge even when they exchanged for new one, first thing I noticed actually. I can live with the buldge, but not the clicking. Ill report back with results when batt door arrives.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2