PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 and Wifi Router?

Has anyone tried using HTC Wifi Router on the Touch Pro 2? If so does it get as hot as the Touch Pro? My TP would get brutally hot after just a few minutes of use. I ended up getting a Mifi because of it.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Re: Touch Pro 2 and Wifi Router?

From what I hear and personal experience... the overheating problem is gone.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

I haven't heard anybody say with regard to Wifi Router. With both radio's going at one time it puts out a lot more heat then just using it as a phone or PDA. Just curious about having both Radio's going at the same time on the TP2.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey Tech, before I returned the T-Mobile TP2 on Friday, I tried HTC Wi-Fi Router out and didn't notice the back of the phone heating up like my Verizoned Sprint Touch does. I only tried it out for about 20 minutes though just to see if it worked.

Aside from that, I did use Wi-Fi exclusively over the 14 days I was testing the phone out and I never noticed overheating issues. Hopefully the Verizon version is as good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 > Touch > Diamond > TP > TP2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

shtewps is keeping up the good workshtewps is keeping up the good work

This unit doesn't overheat regardless of the application you are using it in. And I've done just about every one.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:12 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Finally some confirmation..yey! plan on doing any wifi-routering longer then 20min? but still 20min is a good sign as my mogul begins to overheat in like 10min without a fan.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-31-2009, 06:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Hey Tech, before I returned the T-Mobile TP2 on Friday, I tried HTC Wi-Fi Router out and didn't notice the back of the phone heating up like my Verizoned Sprint Touch does. I only tried it out for about 20 minutes though just to see if it worked.

Aside from that, I did use Wi-Fi exclusively over the 14 days I was testing the phone out and I never noticed overheating issues. Hopefully the Verizon version is as good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shtewps View Post
This unit doesn't overheat regardless of the application you are using it in. And I've done just about every one.
That's what I was looking for, thanks guys. My battery door has already changed color just from the short time I tried the app.. well that and using it as a bluetooth modem.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

As has been posted all over there is a totally new chipset in TP2 as well as new wifi chipset that fixes the issue.

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 09-17-2009, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

I had the WM Wifi Router on my Diamond and the tp2 doesn't get nearly as hot. It gets a bit warm but nothing more that. I keep it will ventilated in front of a desk fan and it works fine. Well see how well it holds up in my bag on the go.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bhopki001 is a n00b

I just installed this and it working fine on TP2! THis is free like the tehering fix right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2